Thread: Video Captures From Chrome: Blue Bars ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Video Captures From Chrome: Blue Bars ?

(this is my third attempt at this post: the board's window freezes in chrome when I try to insert an image... and the forum will not let me edit a post until the moderator approves it....so this time I will just paste links)

I am back to using Chrome for my capture windows because FireFox seems to be provoking some sort of NetFlix issuw where vids end prematurely.

But with Chrome I often get blue bars in my vids. Not always, but often.

My first thought is that I have not properly sized/positioned RVC's Markers rectrangle and I am getting one of Windows' window borders in the vid.

But here is a sample I just ran and it looks to me like I have the Markers rectangle well within the Windows window.

Or do I?

Capture Rectangle: http://tinyurl.com/ojk8wc3

Screen Shot From Recorded Video: http://tinyurl.com/n797gtr Note the blue bar on the right.

Default Re: Video Captures From Chrome: Blue Bars ?

Each browser is different-I would suggest you give IE a try with this and see if it works better for you. Also, the program has a built in browser that you can select and use to see if it works better.

Default Re: Video Captures From Chrome: Blue Bars ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Each browser is different-I would suggest you give IE a try with this and see if it works better for you. Also, the program has a built in browser that you can select and use to see if it works better.
    Thanks. I will try IE. Now that I am thinking about it, I would guess that IE is probably the one the developers target and test the most for.

Right away, I see that RVC's Get Video is smarter when pointed at an IE window: the few times I have tried it, it gets the exact dimensions of the video being played. No fine tuning needed so far....

RE/ the "Browser" button: On my PC it only appears after Record has been clicked and it brings up an empty window for whatever browser that RVC happens to be recording from.