Thread: I love the toolbar, but it routinely crashes on several machines

Default I love the toolbar, but it routinely crashes on several machines

I've been (trying to) use the toolbar for months. Most times it works fine to record streaming radio shows on the web. But way too often, it will crash. This is on several machines, including 1 I just recently rebuilt, so there's less apps / clutter on the machine. There's loads of space on the hard drive.

I've wound up finding out that if I go into the temp folder under my recordings, I can copy the large temp files and rename them to .mp3 to keep the data that would have been trashed when clearing the crashed error message.

Here's some items from the event log:
    at 9:24am
    Faulting application freecorder.exe, version 3.0.0.0, faulting module freecorder.exe, version 3.0.0.0, fault address 0x00005c21.

at 8:26AM
    Faulting application freecorder.exe, version 3.0.0.0, faulting module freecorder.exe, version 3.0.0.0, fault address 0x00005c21.

they are all the same. any advice?

With regards to your issue, Do you have Replay AV or Replay Music installed on your computer? If you do they need to be closed in order to use the toolbar. Also, make sure when you are done recording that you select stop. If you still have this issue select control-alt-delete. Go to the processes tab and "kill" the freecorder.exe.

Let me know if that helps at all, and looking forward to your response.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

those replay apps you mention - those would be seperate installs from windows xp pro and freecorder, right? Then, no, I don't have them installed.

select stop - when it crashes, I don't get the chance to hit stop - it's already stopped : )

kill freecorder? after a crash? I'll try that. Usually, I'll just hit record from the freecorder bar and it'll start recording again. and may or may not crash after that.

I am looking to record 10s of minutes / hour or 2 of a streaming radio show. I have been able to do this when the app doesn't crash, but it may crash 2 -3 times a day before it finally records till I hit stop.

by the way, is there a command line way to start freecorder? I want to record a show that's on from 6am to 10 am each day. I'll forget to start the app or oversleep, etc. and miss the beginning of the show.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by feetsdr View Post
    those replay apps you mention - those would be seperate installs from windows xp pro and freecorder, right? Then, no, I don't have them installed.

select stop - when it crashes, I don't get the chance to hit stop - it's already stopped : )

kill freecorder? after a crash? I'll try that. Usually, I'll just hit record from the freecorder bar and it'll start recording again. and may or may not crash after that.

I am looking to record 10s of minutes / hour or 2 of a streaming radio show. I have been able to do this when the app doesn't crash, but it may crash 2 -3 times a day before it finally records till I hit stop.

by the way, is there a command line way to start freecorder? I want to record a show that's on from 6am to 10 am each day. I'll forget to start the app or oversleep, etc. and miss the beginning of the show.

thanks!
    The reason I ask you to kill it after a crash, is because it could still be hung in the background and not closed completely. Check the processes, look for the exe file and 'kill' it.

On another note, if you're interested, Replay AV is a GREAT app for scheduling radio shows, etc. you'd never miss another one again. :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.