Thread: Silence MP3

Default Silence MP3

Hi Cheryl,
    I kept the Silence.MP3 from Replay Music 6, it is still useful for determining silences between tracks. Some tracks blend into each other on some albums and although I don't have the adverts version of Spotify (Premium) I have begun placing silences in-between the tracks and selected don't record silences, this is working really well.
    Do you think you could bring the silence MP3 back which was in Appdata Replay Music 6 with the next update?
    Please post below if you don't have the silence MP3 and would like to ask Applian to bring it back.
    If not here is a link to silent MP3's. Applian used to use a 5 second one which worked great.
    http://www.xamuel.com/blank-mp3s/

I have RM7 to ignore tracks with the Minimum Duration Of Tracks set at 10 seconds in the Recording Settings Tab.
    Cheers Steve

Default Re: Silence MP3

The three second silence.mp3 is in Program Files for Replay Music 6. If you have that you are able to copy it to use. We keep a list of suggestions and improvements for our developer to take a look at. We did have an update to both Music and Media Catcher this evening so you might want to
    upgrade to them if you haven't already. Thanks.

Have just updated spotify to 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd (No choice but to upgrade.....upgrades automatically upon restart) and now I cannot insert any silence mp3 files which are imperative to enable tracks to split.Any idea whats up?

I took the 5 second silence mp3 and opened it in a free audio program and added a audio pop at the end.
    When Replay Music hears the pop, it starts recording (but doesn't actually record the pop due to it being so quick), so
    it records the beginning of the song perfectly. Place these in between each track and set the min duration to 10 seconds
    and you should have perfect recordings of your songs. I used audacity to do this. it has noise generators that you can add
    to the end of your silence track.

I use the Silence MP3 from RM6 between tracks and it works well in RM7. Spotify have changed the drag and drop MP3 in the latest update. I now store about 20 silence Mp3's in the Local Files and copy them into the playlist, then move them between the tracks, works a treat. I have minimum duration in Settings at 10 and split on silence on.
    Hope this helps anyone struggling to split tracks.