Thread: Block Netflix on Replay Media Catcher

Default Block Netflix on Replay Media Catcher

Hi there,

Just wondering if there's a way to stop RMC from trying to pick up Netflix. Right now the only way I can watch Netflix is if I shut off RMC which means I have to chose between watching Netflix or capping web content. Is there a setting, or something I can disable? Delete an HTTP port?

I would like to be able to have RMC running to cap content that I want and at the same time be able to watch Netflix without RMC picking up all those annoying/useless 500kb files sent by netflix.

Default Re: Block Netflix on Replay Media Catcher

Hi Chef

I've got no idea actually -if you don't mind, Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and they can help you with that question
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Update:

I moved this to support and received a reply back, thought I'd share the results.

"...Netflix traffic seems to be transmitted over port 80 (and sometimes 443) which are common ports for streaming media. You can remove port 80 and 443 in Settings, but a lot of other streaming media will be blocked..."

This does work, (temporarily) deleting port 80 allows me to watch Netflix without RMC capturing all the Netflix file fragments. I can still cap RTMP streams at the same time so this compromise works for me. As explained in the support response all other port 80 http content will also be blocked, this seems to include the "on demand" type video sites like youtube and vevo. Adding the port back when I'm done watching Netflix resets everything back to normal.

Been having this same issue forever, driving me crazy, and the solution worked perfectly for me, although I only had 80 in my list (no 443). I'm super grateful to smuttychef for coming back and posting the answer he received from tech support.

Thank you for sharing. I do wish more people would share the solutions they have.

Can you tell me how you deleted port 80 in settings, I don't see that feature?