Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RM 7 -- No Windows Audio Driver?

Default RM 7 -- No Windows Audio Driver?

I do not want to disable secure boot (disabling is a bad idea in my opinion) and so I'm left with using the "what you hear option." In RM 6 there was the windows audio driver, which worked fine for me, but this option is not present in RM 7. Perhaps it's my imagination, but the "what you hear" option is a step down in quality. Why did you remove the windows audio driver option? Can you put it back in? (Using wind 8.1). Thanks.

Default Re: RM 7 -- No Windows Audio Driver?

This program is made differently and works differently. With using the application you are able to work on your computer and have other sounds without them being in the song. I have secure boot disabled for over a year
    without an issue so you might want to give that a try. The other option of "what you hear" is what you would need to use if you don't wish to.

Is there a reason you can't add back in the windows audio driver? I must tell you, the what you hear option is not good. I've been a big fan of your product for years, but this new version 7 is a big step back. Quite candidly, I can't see many people being too excited about having to change bios to make RM function satisfactorily...not to mention the blame you will take if some malware causes trouble (which is something secure boot helps prevent). I really think your engineers need to get back to the drawing board on this. Thanks.

Thank you for the feedback-it is appreciated. The new version was made by a different developer and we feel how it works is great as it records clearly without picking up other noises from your system. Thanks.

I use application with Spotify and it works perfect for me.
    I used to use Audio Driver, not the Windows audio driver and this plugged directly into Spotify as does Application, so all's good.
    Turn off system sounds if you want to use what I hear option. This was the case with Windows Audio wasn't it Cheryl?
    Same just differently named I think?
    SA
    Last edited by Scubasa1; 10-25-2014 at 12:12 AM.

You are correct in regards to the win audio driver. Using application prevents it from picking up other sounds.

Well, at least for Windows 8 and using RM 6, Audio Driver does not function for most applications so I need to use Windows Audio Driver. Cheryl, are you agreeing with Scubasa that Windows Audio Driver and what you hear are the same thing? If so, I will give RM 7 another try... but for my first go around what you hear sounded awful (Windows Audio Driver works perfectly with RM 6) and I'm not willing to disable secure boot. Thanks.

Scubasa, asre you uisng win 8 and did you disable secure boot? thx

Hi WXMAN,
    I am running Windows 8 but secure boot is unsupported on my PC, which means it isn't running.
    Cheers

Do give what you hear (stereo mix) a try and see how it goes for you. Let us know. Thanks.