Thread: Downloading from rhapsody

Default Downloading from rhapsody

I know that Replay Music can be used to capture from http://www.rhapsody.com but Replay Media Catcher also captures from there but it leaves the files as .rad files.

Is there a way to convert these to MP3 or M4A.

Nope... RAD files are DRM'ed audio. The RAD file is an encrypted audio format that will actually query a webserver for an unlock key in order to be played. I figured it out about a year ago, but couldn't add it to RMC because of DMCA issues.

Replay Music should have no problem getting this audio though.

-andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Heinlein View Post
    Nope... RAD files are DRM'ed audio. The RAD file is an encrypted audio format that will actually query a webserver for an unlock key in order to be played. I figured it out about a year ago, but couldn't add it to RMC because of DMCA issues.

Replay Music should have no problem getting this audio though.

-andy.
    I have the same issue with Rhapsody files. Replay Media catcher can capture them, but not name them or convert them. In addition, I tried to use the program with several radio stations and the software would not capture the streaming audio.

Quote Originally Posted by bhinegardn View Post
    I have the same issue with Rhapsody files. Replay Media catcher can capture them, but not name them or convert them. In addition, I tried to use the program with several radio stations and the software would not capture the streaming audio.
    As Andy stated, Replay Music is the best way to record from Rhapsody. Media Catcher will not play the drm files. While Media Catcher will work with some radio stations, Replay AV is the best program for internet radio.
    For a list of some major sites and the programs we recommend to record them please click here:

http://applian.com/recording_solutions/index.php

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    As Andy stated, Replay Music is the best way to record from Rhapsody. Media Catcher will not play the drm files. While Media Catcher will work with some radio stations, Replay AV is the best program for internet radio.
    For a list of some major sites and the programs we recommend to record them please click here:

http://applian.com/recording_solutions/index.php

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.
    Now, there are apps that can convert DRM audio files to regular Mp3s...but its not really converting it...its play it fast and, its recording in high speed mode. (DRM is still present in the real file ) Now, the purpose behind DRM is you are the only owner to the song and, no one can listen to it except the buyer.
    so, you dont even own it....if you close your iTunes account Apple
    will deactivate your music/videos...I recommend buying the album better....