Thread: Crackling Fizzing in Left Earphone only...? :s

Default Crackling Fizzing in Left Earphone only...? :s

Hi I have been using Replay without trouble for a while, with both Spotify and Chrome. However recently when recording from both I have noticed, after loading music onto an Ipod, there is a distinct and constant crackling or fizzing in the left earphone only. This was not present on the majority of recordings I have previously made. I have read a few other posts regarding using the Audio Driver as oppose to the Win Audio driver. However when I use the Audio Driver with Chrome there is no signal.

I am assuming that this problem was caused by using the Win Audio Driver, however the crackling seems to be present even on tracks recorded with the Audio Driver, from spotify?

Is it better to use Firefox?

Any ideas how to reduce crackling if I'm already using "Audio Driver"?

Default Re: Crackling Fizzing in Left Earphone only...? :s

If you are not using the latest version of our program please try it. Thanks. Make sure you uninstall and reboot first.

Hi , thanks. How do I go about that? Do I have to pay again?

It depends on when you purchased and what version you already have. If you have version 5 then no you do not need to. Just uninstall and reboot prior to installing.

http://www.applian.com/replay-music/demo.php

I have the exact same problem as ansley2408. I am using Replay Music 5.05. While recording from Rhapsody, the monitored audio is perfect. When I playback the recorded mp3 song there is a pronounced crackling in the left channel. This happens on both my Win7 64-bit Toshiba laptop, and my HP Win7 64-bit desktop. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling Replay Music and re-installing, trying different compression rates, different volumes, etc. Audio Driver did nothing, Windows Audio Drive works but crackles. I tried playing with the VLC player, and the Windows Media Player. Nothing gets rid of the crackling.
    A portion of the recorded file is here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1lU...it?usp=sharing
    You can hear what it sounds like.

Please do update to the latest version. Since you own 5.05 it is a free update. Make sure you uninstall and reboot first.