Thread: audio out of sync

Default audio out of sync

have been unable to fix this issue so far, and have read a number of other posts, perhaps someone can help........... am running a/v suite. i don't have issues converting streamed or downloaded files, but when i use Replay Video Capture (6) to record my dvd discs the files are perfectly in sync with audio. i use media catcher to convert the file to ipod classic. much of the time, the audio is out of sync. sometimes from the very start of the video, other times at varying points. am running Win7 on an intel i3 machine

Default Re: audio out of sync

Are the files in sync prior to converting? If so try and use Replay Converter to convert to see if that works better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Are the files in sync prior to converting? If so try and use Replay Converter to convert to see if that works better for you.
    Yes, the files I create with RVC6 are perfectly in sync. I have actually not ever gotten the Replay Converter to work, but haven't messed with it much, as I have found that Media Catcher has all the default conversions I need. The audio out of sync issue only seems to arise, though, when I am capturing from my DVDs. When I capture streamed content I don't have any sync issues converting FLV files. I had seen a previous thread which suggested to use an updated ffmeg.exe. I tried this, as my file is dated 2010 and the one from the link is newer. That did not resolve the sync issue.

Do give Replay Converter a try and see if it works better for you for this.

unfortunately, as i mentioned previously, Replay Converter doesn't seem to work, or maybe it is just me not able to make it work... when attempting to try to convert a file, it just hangs on 0% meter, and never makes progress. also, though, and pardon my ignorance with video/codecs, etc.... but as i was reviewing previous other threads and one person was recommended to update their ffmpeg.exe file.. i noticed that in the directory for my Media Catcher, it also seems to be using ffmpeg. should not the conversion be exactly the same whether using media catcher or converter? i have since attempted to convert to a different file type mp4, just to see if i got a different result, which i did not. so the issue doesn't only seem to be with the ipod classic (320x240, 30fps, aac) format.