Thread: Suggestion concerning problems with 4 and 5

Default Suggestion concerning problems with 4 and 5

I have Windows Pro 8 - 64. I found out yesterday evening that if I go to START and click on 4 or 5 and put the link into the program without going to Desktop, the movie clips will download and play. However, if Windows puts me in Desktop, then I have problems and the clip will not work and I get an error menu. The only problem with this is I haven't figured out a consistent way to keep Windows from not popping into Desktop. It has been hit and miss. Applian needs to do something about this are customers are going to shy away and choose to buy another program created by another company that does work. Right now that is what I am thinking of doing as well as contacting PayPal to get my money back spent on 5.

Default Re: Suggestion concerning problems with 4 and 5

Hey -

Sorry but can you explain yourself better?

Are you having problems with Windows or are you having problems with RMC - which is a desktop application and not a Metro app btw so you will always need to view on the desktop? Metro apps have lots of limitations - you can read about them by searching google.

What link are you putting in the application and where are you putting that link?

In most cases you should just start monitoring for internet downloads and what ever you watch RMC will detect and download it or if its music in most case you should audio record.

What errors are you getting in RMC? What does the downloaded items progress say for those items that failed - have you spoken to support?

30 day money back. Dont sweat.

HTH

- CRS

Yes, I sent a message to support but haven't received anything. Here is what is happening:

I bring up 4 or 5, doesn't make any difference. Both react the same.

I go to YouTube to download a clip. When I hit PLAY, it downloads the clip twice but also two more times with error lines. The first download is always the audio. The second is always the video. Never together.

I loaded Revo Uninstaller Pro, found all new programs I have installed since this started happening about 3 weeks ago. Revo removes the program, but also all places where it is found, even from the registery. The problem persists.

I find that sometimes when I put the link in the Download line that it puts both the audio and video together. But this is never consistent. In fact it is a hit and miss proposition, mainly miss.

I have since downloaded another program which works flawlessly. I have used your program since I can't remember when. It has always been great in 90% of the times I have used it. I don't know what happened, but it is getting more and more aggravating.

Ray

Hey -

YouTube changed their protocol: Its now an adaptive protocol and audio and video streams are separated.

You need to upgrade to the latest version (5.0.0.97) and ensure that Raw mode is set as the YT download method in the settings > internet > http adv.

Dont use Revo for RMC -who knows what it could be doing to your machine. Always use the standard windows method to uninstall RMC.

HTH

- CRS