Thread: losing sound when converting youtube files from .FLV to mpg/avi in Media Catcher

Default losing sound when converting youtube files from .FLV to mpg/avi in Media Catcher

Hi,
    Just upgraded to the new Suite, but I'm kinda lost now...
    I download some clips from youtube perfectly with sound in .FLV (or can I change that somewhere already?)

But I want to edit (cut) some clips I've downloaded and therefor it needs to be in .avi or .mpg.
    The problem is: when selecting converting to... it converts without the sound!!
    I've tried several output forms and selected mp3/aac and so.
    But I can't get it to work...

So: what mode do I use to convert the FLV to a .MPG (Preffered) or .AVI in MediaCatcher without the loss of sound?

thx in advance.
    (sorry if a repost, i found multiple posts about converting, but not with this problem)...

Default Re: losing sound when converting youtube files from .FLV to mpg/avi in Media Catcher

Bumping this. Same thing here. Any ideas?

Default Re: losing sound when converting youtube files from .FLV to mpg/avi in Media Catcher

after i installed the update my audio disappeared

Hey -

So please explain more about your issues.

There is no ".MPG (Preffered)" setting inside RMC's preset conversion settings. Is this a conversion setting you created yourself? Is so the provide the settings you configured. What where you trying to convert? Can you give a url?

Chaosnla - you say that after the update all your audio disappeared - what does that mean? Did you turn up the volume on your headphones/speakers :0. What did you download and what did you convert it to and what did you try and play it in?

HTH

CRS

After using rmc4 for a long time I've started having a having a similar problem. Some Youtube videos will download correctly while others will download the video and audio separately. I don't recall changing any setting in the last weeks. One thing I noticed today on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJJ7CpltSyA (which recorded without any sound) is that it is saved as an mp4 file while another that recorded correctly (with sound) is saved as an FLV file. I don't know why there is a difference since they both came from Youtube. Any suggestions to solve this would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Sam Sport; 06-23-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Since upgrading I'm experiencing the same loss of sound on AVI conversion. (It sounds like sound is trying to be heard but all it issues is a high-pitch crackling 'spike' at the start of the recording and then nothing. If I choose MOV conversion the sound is OK. I suppose I can use convertor to get from MOV to AVI for now, until its fixed. Is there a missing codex we need?

Hey -

YouTube have changed their protocol to be adaptive. Depending upon your internet connection the YT player will select a video and audio quality and these are streamed independently of each other. RMC 5.0.0.96 now supports this new protocol when in YouTube Raw mode. Raw mode always results in a MP4. In 5.0.0.97 the default is now Raw mode.

The default option in < 5.0.0.97 however is Page mode. In Page mode you select in your settings what format and quality you want. YouTube still provide the old download urls and this is what Page mode uses to download. However if youtube do not provide the quality and format you want then RMC will select another format at the selected quality.Note also that YouTube ads are alot of the time in MP4.

Anyway check your settings and make sure your in Raw mode. In Raw mode if you change the quality RMC will detect that and begin a download at that quality.

HTH

- CRS

Hey -

What are you trying to convert from and what are you trying to convert to - which preset setting exactly? What does the progress log say when converting?

- CRS