Thread: I am extremely dissatisfied because it won’t record and now activation issue after updating.

Thumbs down I am extremely dissatisfied because it won’t record and now activation issue after updating.

I am extremely dissatisfied for the following: It will not record from most websites, because of Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected… and updating to the newer version, it leaves me in demo mode, and when entering my code I am greeted with the error “Upgrade Media Catcher. Your registration code is for an older version of Replay Media Catcher. Upgrade now to get the latest version”.

Default Re: I am extremely dissatisfied because it won’t record and now activation issue after updating.

Good evening AFN

Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket - we'll need your registration code and a few other things that cannot be shared on this public forum.

Thank you
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: I am extremely dissatisfied because it won’t record and now activation issue after updating.

I just upgraded to replay media catcher 5. It took me maybe 5 trys to set up this program. It records only occasionly, not in the video format of replay media catcher 4-flv---and when I try to open the clips it always an error message also the audio files are only mp3, I set the recording for wav, so whats going on. I am running windows 8 on a 64 bit desktop Dell. This version is lousy

Someone replied to the support ticket, now can we still address my issue about Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected…?
    Last edited by AFN; 05-08-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFN View Post
    Someone replied to the support ticket, now can we still address my issue about Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected…?
    RTMPE - the e stands for ENCRYPTED and is unfortunately illegal for us to stream capture or stream record. Your best bet for that type of file will be Replay Video Capture
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

I want to know how and by who says that it is illegal for you to allow me to download from an encrypted stream?

Also can we please address my issue regarding my registration code, after getting annoyed for it saying a free update is available, I updated Replay Media Catcher, when I went to open Replay Media Catcher it asks me for my registration code witch I have entered my registration code and instead of giving a thank you message I am getting this instead “Your registration code is for an older version of Replay Media Catcher. Upgrade now to get the latest version.” So it basically will not allow me to get out of demo mode.

Quote Originally Posted by AFN View Post
    I want to know how and by who says that it is illegal for you to allow me to download from an encrypted stream?

Also can we please address my issue regarding my registration code, after getting annoyed for it saying a free update is available, I updated Replay Media Catcher, when I went to open Replay Media Catcher it asks me for my registration code witch I have entered my registration code and instead of giving a thank you message I am getting this instead “Your registration code is for an older version of Replay Media Catcher. Upgrade now to get the latest version.” So it basically will not allow me to get out of demo mode.
    Adobe for one - we had a 'situation' with them a few years ago, in which we did NOT agree to any wrong doings - however we agreed to no longer create software that can circumvent (rip/download) rtmpe encrypted videos.

It's their technology, they can go after anybody that chooses to circumvent it.

Information about that can be found here if you wish to read more:

So while I suppose it's not technically illegal, we are not allowed to create software that CAN record such streams. (Just as most other USA companies are not)

With regards to your registration code, Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket so we can look into that for you - can't have you posting your reg code in this forum after all.

http://applian.com/support.php
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

I’m wondering how a privet company, like Adobe, Inc. can control another company’s business and product instead of finding a solution and how is it their technology?

So Adobe, Inc. filed a lawsuit against your company “Applian Technologies, Inc.” on supposedly “17:101 Copyright Infringement”, how exactly is that 17:101 Copyright Infringement? You did not recreate something like Adobe Flash; you created a program that can record streaming video(s) from website(s).

You all were not ordered to stop making such program with the ability or you all willingly removed that ability to record from a rtmpe encrypted video(s)?

You say “we did NOT agree to any wrong doing” but isn’t you changing the way the program works from way back to now saying in the eyes of Adobe that you did something wrong? I mean if you say that you did nothing wrong than you should have no reason to change your program in anyway and if Adobe can’t find a solution, filing a lawsuit is not the way of fixing an issue it’s just taking the lazy and cheap way out, because what if you all move to another county, well looks like they can’t file a lawsuit or not if you move out of the county be another county in another county does the same thing than Adobe is well let’s just say out of luck.

Now regards to my e-mail I have posted it, I think two days ago.