Thread: Recording Streaming Video Recording the commercials on either side, just not the news story in between...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Recording Streaming Video Recording the commercials on either side, just not the news story in between...

All,

I am trying to record a news story ("In wake of severe storms, N. Texans look to safe rooms") at http://www.wfaa.com/video?id=207936981&sec=1230536 with no luck. There is a commercial at the beginning and end and Replay Media Catcher (v4.4.5.0) does a great job of recording both commercials, it just isn't recording the news story. It is driving me batty. I have tried numerous settings changes to no avail. That includes everything suggested on the page "I can't download videos from some sites. What can I do?" (http://applian.com/faq-pro/index.php...003&id=4&lang=). Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks,

Phillip

Default Re: Recording the commercials on either side, just not the news story in between...

Hi Phillip

Next time, post your support questions in the specific product forum please. Moving this thread to the Replay Media Catcher forum.

Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Recording the commercials on either side, just not the news story in between...

Hi Phillip

I tested the URL and unfortunately it appears that file type is now encrypted. I tried a few different videos on that page and had the same results. I was not able to get a recording using Replay Media Catcher.

For files such as this, you'll want to use Replay Video Capture, which is a SCREEN capture program we offer that records what it sees on your screen - regardless of the file type.

I DID test this file myself using RVC and it worked fine.

IF you haven't yet, please check it out here:

http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/

Thank you for your understanding,
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.