Thread: Captured FLV don't play PPC TCMP

Default Captured FLV don't play PPC TCMP

I use a couple of portable media players (PMP)

One is a Sprint Pocket PC 6700 using TCMP Core which played VID's captured with YouTube Downloader with no issues. When I try to play a RMC captured video it just hangs.

I also have a small handhelp PMP Video Lan VL888 http://www.ecost.com/Detail.aspx?edp=41805286&navid=155441519 which supports FLV formats and also plays YouTube Downloader FLV with no issue. When I try to play a RMC captured video is display and error "Invalid format"

Quote Originally Posted by johnhrschuster View Post
    I use a couple of portable media players
    TCMP Core
    Could that be TCPMP?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhrschuster View Post
    YouTube Downloader
    YouTube Downloader is sort of a generic name. Do you have the software developers' URL?
    I'm thinking an updated plugin is needed for TCPMP to play AVC/H.264+AAC FLV's. Some (likely all) YouTube Downloader's aren't capable of saving the higher definition AVC/H.264+AAC FLV's that Replay Media Catcher can save.
    So in one case you're ending up with a file format that isn't supported by the player. In another case you're exclusively downloading only files that the player can play.

Default YouTube downloader

The version of YouTube downloaded I referred to is at http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/ and is now Version 2.1.7.

I did download the Plugin for TC-PMP for the Pocket PC to play FLV's. TC-PMP didn't support FLV without the plug in. Maybe there is a more current version that supports AVC/H.264+AAC FLV's. I will do some checking and let you know what I find.

As for my pocket player that supports FLV, it is one of the first ones available from China and probably has the same problem of not supporting the AVC/H.264+AAC FLV's. Do you know of any portable pocket players that support native AVC/H.264+AAC FLV's??? I want to avoid converting FLV's into other formats if at all possible.

Thank you