Thread: replay AV tagging for genre podcast

Default replay AV tagging for genre podcast

when i record radio shows on AV8 the tagging features seems to now work. however it only has 3 tags that you can write. i would like to see a "genre" category added for tagging.

my reason is this:
    some mp3 players like the sandisks will only play mp3s as podcasts if they are tagged as "genre podcast". other wise they just play them as music mp3's. this makes it hard to stop and resume a show unless its labeled as a podcast.

thanks,
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jeremycobert View Post
    some mp3 players like the sandisks will only play mp3s as podcasts if they are tagged as "genre podcast". other wise they just play them as music mp3's. this makes it hard to stop and resume a show unless its labeled as a podcast.
    That's interesting, Jeremy. I play podcasts on my Sandisk m250 (2GB) player as MP3 files and after a power down-power up sequence it always comes back to the place where I was listening . But maybe you are talking about moving around from file to file without powering down and want the podcast to pick up where it was the last time you were listening to it.

yes Craig,
    that is what i meant to say. sometimes i listen to a show but need to switch to something else and my sansa view will not remember where i left off unless its a podcast. on the sansa website they say that the file must be tagged as genre "podcast" in order for the player to recognize it as such.