Thread: random reboots

Unhappy random reboots

So far, almost all my attempts to capture with RVC result in a random reboot of my machine, which leaves me with a few (2-20) minutes of video recorded- other attempts result in a msg from Firefox saying it has to quit, after which Windows Task Manager reports RVC as not responding.

I have tried various sites, various settings (WMA/MPEG), various bit rates, IE7 and Firefox, etc. Nothing seems to change this behavior.

System is a dual core E4300, 2 G ram, Windows XP home with SP2 and 3.

Even tried moving program to another machine- XP Home, Pentium 4 2.4 GHz (not dual core)- same behavior there-- I've been through 2 uninstall/reinstall cycles--

So far, the program is a nice idea, but ...

This is not an issue that we have heard of before. Please make sure the program is allowed in your windows firewall. If you continue to have this issue contact tech support for more individualized attention. Thanks.

Default Random Reboots

I've been experimenting some more-- not sure why RVC would need access through the firewall since it's reading bytes off the screen, not interacting with a stream, but I allowed it access anyway. That didn't do anything.

Since I've found if I ask it to record tiny patches of screen- say 100x75 pixels, it will do that until I get tired of recording-- up to several hours--

I noticed in another thread an estimate of video ram required for full screen recording-- is there some kind of correlation between available video or system ram and the program's capabilities? I've got 2 G system and 128 M video.