Thread: WM Converter vs Replay Converter

Thumbs down WM Converter vs Replay Converter

I purchased WM Recorder Bonus Bundle that came with WM Converter. Many of the flv files that come from You Tube are not supported codecs in WM Converter and results with the status: ERROR. I decided to download the evaluation version of Replay Converter to try it out and it worked perfectly on the same flv files that WM Converter was not able to convert. The evaluation version however displays a banner across your video that says Replay Converter Evaluation Version.

Why is it that Applian Technologies sells WM Recorder & Converter and also the Reply Capture and Converter??? Isn't their purpose the same? Is there anyway to get WM Converter to work correctly?
    Last edited by SusanFLV; 12-01-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by SusanFLV View Post
    I purchased WM Recorder Bonus Bundle that came with WM Converter. Many of the flv files that come from You Tube are not supported codecs in WM Converter and results with the status: ERROR. I decided to download the evaluation version of Replay Converter to try it out and it worked perfectly on the same flv files that WM Converter was not able to convert. The evaluation version however displays a banner across your video that says Replay Converter Evaluation Version.

Why is it that Applian Technologies sells WM Recorder & Converter and also the Reply Capture and Converter??? Isn't their purpose the same? Is there anyway to get WM Converter to work correctly?
    Hi Susan,

We do not own WM Recorder. We jointly own the WM Recorder site, and market and support the program though.

If you would like to go into detailed troubleshooting of WM Converter, please submit a ticket for me as we do not support the WMR Product line on this forum.

Thanks.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.