Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 - Replay Music Stopped Working

Thumbs up Windows 8 - Replay Music Stopped Working

Hi Cheryl,
    I have just upgraded to Windows 8 and sometimes I get a message which says Replay music has stopped working, windows will try to find the reason why.
    Any issues which you know of with Windows 8 and why is sometimes stops and if so will this be addressed in the next update 5.46?
    Thanks Steve

Default Re: Windows 8 - Replay Music Stopped Working

We are not getting a lot of reports of this. If you continue to have this issue let me know in the tech support and ATTACH a log file. Also, include details of what the program is doing when it does this and what specific error message you are getting.

I'm on Windows 8 Professional 64-bit and the same thing happens to me. I haven't noticed a pattern but I'll contact support as well.

Hi WillH,
    Did you get a reply from Cheryl?
    I am still experiencing the stop working message on my Windows 8? I have been using Replay music on XP and Windows 7 64bit and both have been faultless during my usage on these operating systems.
    I have recently moved to Windows 8 64 bit and I frequently get this message.
    I am trying now to see if there is a pattern, time or something like that in case it is something to do with my power settings or something, can't seem to work it out. I have also looked at the log file but nothing seems to jump out at me as the problem??
    I just wondered if you had got any further into finding out your issue.
    If I find out I will let you know.
    I am hoping Applian support will be able to assist us here, hopefully they will find something??
    All the best mate.
    Steve

Suggestions-use the win audio driver, don't tag until the end of the recording session-do a fresh boot of your computer prior doing a recording. If your system has something such as stereo mix use it instead of the win audio driver and see if that helps.

Hi Cheryl,
    I tried it with the audio driver and without the tagging first, then after one track of recording RM stopped working. It seems to happen at an end of a track if that helps?

I have tried the Windows Audio driver without the tagging, I selected to tag after the recording has finished, after a fresh reboot before the recording and it is still occurring, so your suggestion has not worked. Again it did it at the end of the track when it needs to convert???

How do I use this stereo mix? Settings etc?

I am wondering if it is the converting from wav to MP3 that is the issue here??
    I am going to try recording as Wav then convert at the end to see what happens.
    Is there anyone else with Windows 8 64bit having these problems when recording from Spotify or any other music programme, please post here as it is an issue that needs resolving.
    Thanks everyone and Cheryl.
    Steve
    Last edited by Scubasa1; 02-03-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Ok, so I tried just with the wav with no conversion and that seemed to work fine, just been trying it with converting to MP3, audio driver and tagging and now working fine, I have taken the Nomalize off, will keep you posted. I am just trying different settings to see what might work.
    I might find that it occurs again so will let you know. Is your Windows 8 the 64bit version Cheryl?
    It just seems strange that this occurs at the end of a track, something to do with the converting causing it the programme to stop?
    Also would you recommend CBR or VBR recording, what is yours set at?
    Will let you know how it goes.
    Steve
    Last edited by Scubasa1; 02-03-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasa1 View Post
    Ok, so I tried just with the wav with no conversion and that seemed to work fine, just been trying it with converting to MP3, audio driver and tagging and now working fine, I have taken the Nomalize off, will keep you posted. I am just trying different settings to see what might work.
    I might find that it occurs again so will let you know. Is your Windows 8 the 64bit version Cheryl?
    It just seems strange that this occurs at the end of a track, something to do with the converting causing it the programme to stop?
    Also would you recommend CBR or VBR recording, what is yours set at?
    Will let you know how it goes.
    Steve

Ok it happened again, so taking Normalize didn't work!
    It occurred at 40:43 and end of 11 tracks.
    Going to try again and see if it occurs at a different time to look for patterns?

Hello to everyone. I have the same problem with my windows 8. It stops recording with the same error message as you post.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you

Steve-please do contact tech support on the same ticket with all the details and a new log file. Thanks.