Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download stopping

Default Download stopping

Very new using Replay Music 5, when I am downloading from deezer sometimes the tracks do not split and sometimes Replay stops downloading the track before the end or doesn't record the start of the track.

Any advice appreciated

Default Re: Download stopping

Make sure you are using the latest version of the program. Adjust the milliseconds of silence in the settings of the program if you have it split at the wrong time. Also, adjust the volume on the program to see if that helps with the ending.

can anyone suggest settings for the volume and the milliseconds as I am at my wits end.

Each system is different so you need to experiment. I normally have my milliseconds set to 2000 and the default for the volume. I find that works the majority of the time for me.

I appreciate the reply but I would have preferred if Applian informed the purchaser that they would have to customise this product to work with their system before they purchase it. I did not buy this product to have it work "most of the time" and I do not have the time to play around with it to get it to work, I see this being Applians job. In short this product is not in my opinion of merchantable quality and is definitely not fit for the purpose that Applian describes.

I must agree with you, Murch. This doesn´t work for me neither with Windows XP or Windows 7.
    But i think that some people don´t bother to write to this forum, and think they have wasted their money. Others, like us, very much want this to work, but i have given up.

Each system is different. Each Internet and each stream you capture is not the same. I use the defaults with my music and I'm very happy with it. Some tweaking may be necessary for some of the files but for the majority it should be good. Albums are also different. Some don't have a definitive silence between the songs. We update our programs frequently to handle the changes in technology as it gets more challenging all the time.

Yes, and each program is different as well. Replay Music does capture the song from the beginning, but for a lot of people, only with the level cut off set to zero.
    Why can´t they develop another way to split songs?

I have been using Replay Music with XP, Windows 7 and now Windows 8 and I am not experiencing any problems with Replay Music, it records fine and perfectly each time. I use the silence MP3 from the Replay Music File in Programme Files which I insert between the tracks in the Spotify Programme which last for 5 seconds, it splits tracks perfectly. I have the minimum milliseconds to 5000 and do not split track less than 10 seconds and my Volume Level cut-off at 500.
    I do use Spotify Unlimited without the adverts now which works much better.
    Hope this helps. Steve

Hey Scubasa1. Thanks for a little positive input - highly needed. I will follow your example, and the result is that most of the tracks are correctly recorded. The few i have to re-record, i record manual with the level cut off to 0, and perfect. So with a little patience, everything will be fine :-) Thanks again!!