Hi,

I was exploring the menu options for Replay Video Capture and I came across this hint:

The default video formats (codecs) are MPEG-2, DVD, MPEG-4 (AVI), and Windows Media however Replay Video Capture can detect and use other codecs that may be installed in your computer by other applications.

I have installed the newest version of Klite Codec Pack, which has codecs for me to watch all types of video and audio files. How come these codecs aren't linked to Replay Video Capture so that they can be selected for recording with those other codecs? A codec example in the codec pack are xvid, divx, or mp4 .h264.

Also, regarding MPEG-4. I notice the default frame rate is 15 fps. I don't know much about frame rate, but I notice high end cameras and camcorders record in the high 20's to 30's fps or even beyond that. So, can you explain to me if you set it really high or really low fps, how that affects the video quality and movement of the recording video? Does a high fps make things slower and a low fps make things jump around abruptly?

Thanks,

Mike