Thread: Freecorder toolbar hasn't worked yet ...

Default Freecorder toolbar hasn't worked yet ...

I've tried any and every means necessary, followed every instruction and piece of advice in these threads to get the freecorder toolbar to work. I am using Firefox 3.0.4, have the latest Freecorder, am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card. The toolbar appears above my tabs in Firefox but everytime I click on "record" or "settings" or any button for that matter ... it says "Freecorder application has stopped working ... windows checking for solutions" -- which basically in my experience means it does not work with Vista. I have tried re-installing, I have tried taking the user control off ... none of it works. I've benn searching for a year now to be able to find a simple, easy to use program that allows for me to record any sounds that play through my speakers ... as I could previously do in Windows XP with a variety of programs. But I have not found one program that works -- including this one.

Default Vista Fix

Ok, so I had this problem where when i hit record the error message "Data Execution" Prevention stopped this program." It's annoying, but can be overridden.
    Go to your Start menu and look for Computer and second click it and go to properties. or go to Control panel and go to system

The system window comes up go to advanced system settings get through the UAC and the system properties box comes up

click "settings" under "performance" go to "Data Execution Prevention"

click "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
    the list-box clears up.

go to Add. If you did not change the file path you should paste

"C:\Program Files\Freecorder Toolbar\Freecorder.exe"

into the file name box (w/o quotes) and then click "Open" on the list it should say "Freecorder Application and it should be checked.

Click Apply and then restart your computer and it should work fine.