Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since the update can't capture anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowdown View Post
    Thanks a lot...since the last update works fine again
    I'm really surprised how fast you replied and also fixed it *thumbs up*

To be honest...I didn't expect such a positive reply...was already searching for an alternative to caputre it anyway

Thanks to both Heinleins!! Are you siblings or even a couple
    If I only wouldn't be so curious...of course i don't expect an answer for that question...

Acknowledgements to Tasha and Andy

Wish you all a nice week,
    Greetz and Peace
    Thanks for the kind words!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AlanTAK69 View Post
    Copy your RMC directory to a backup spot.
    Install RMC the 2.4 version so you can get the old plugin.
    Copy the RMC 2.4 version somewhere else.
    Move your newer RMC back to where it goes.

This has you with newer RMC back in original place, and a copy of the old plugins in the old RMC version.

Now copy older version plugin_zrtmp.dll into your real RMC plugin directory. Right click plugin_zrtmp.dll and do properties and check Read Only. At least now the automagic update will fail, YEAH!

Cheers!
    Thanx for the good hint
    As mentioned above it luckly works again at the moment...
    But this solution could be great for future updates to be on the safe side!!!

Thanks for your contribution...
    Wish you all the best as usual..
    Greetz

Quote Originally Posted by AlanTAK69 View Post
    Whatever was fixed in the last RTMP update, for sure something else was broken.

Start 10 or 20 streams at once or in short order, everything starts.

Start one or a few streams, then wait a while, then try and start more and they sit at 0. Eventually they may start after several minutes, but this was working before fine and now it isn't.. Some eventually stop and give the red error, but really by then the stream may have really stopped anyway so probably is correct, it's just gone by the time it finally tried to start.

Something tells me there was some timing delay or lockout in that last update, and an unintended consequence of after a while causing other streams to not start properly and have a several minutes or so delay before they start recording..

I have the same problem too. would totally like a pluging update to fix this. i download 2 streams and have to restart catcher. might try that 2.4 update killer solution soon.

Default stopping auto update?

under tools --> settings --> advanced, there is an auto update from server box checked. i'm thinking reinstalling with the internet disconected so auto update fails, opening program and unchecking the box. then reconnecting internet with fingers crossed.

I believe
    Tools | Settings | Advanced | Auto update at startup
    is specific to the list of Ignored Applications. That won't affect the auto-update of plugins.

I understand the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" approach. But in this case there is something actively trying to break "it."

That something actively trying to break it is a variety of updates to technologies and configuration changes on thousands of servers at thousands of media sites out there.

I think this is a case where I want to enable someone on the other side to auto-fix things as needed. I'm sure I have been positively affected by things fixed under the radar several times.

Meanwhile I just take it for granted Replay Media Catcher just keeps on working. I appreciate the developers' and supports' dedication to keeping it working.

Default info

thanks for the info. was just looking for a solution. and i have much love and faith in the applian group.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowdown View Post
    [FONT="Arial"]Thanks a lot...since the last update works fine again
    I'm really surprised how fast you replied and also fixed it *thumbs up*
    I was impressed at the speed of a fix too. Thus it comes as a pity that the plugin has updated again and the same problem has returned.

I think I'll be following AlanTAK69's method to get the old working plugin back...

I can record 22 min Alles was Zählt episode http://rtl-now.rtl.de w/o trouble using Flash 10.0.12.36 and plugin_zrtmp [5.2.6.9] .

Out of habit, I quickly close the browser tab or window on some sites as soon as Replay Media Catcher starts recording. When it waits at at 0 kb for a few seconds, like it does at RTL, is when I usually do that.

It used to be some sites' protection was simple checking whether two of the same stream was playing and if so then shut off both streams. So it became a habit.

I am not able to play any videos from http://www.kochbar.de today. I just get the spinning circle of dots. This is without trying to record and without launching Replay Media Catcher at all.