PDA

View Full Version : WM Recorder Problem - Distortion when playing downloaded video of Obama interview

JimBrook
11-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I regularly use WM Recorder to successfully download FLV from many sites. However I have just encountered a strange problem which I can't find an explanation for. I've downloaded the CBS video of the Obama interview from 3 locations including CBS itself. In each case the video, embedded and played back from a webpage, plays perfectly. However when downloaded the file is distorted. The main distortion consists of small rectangles of colour appearing over the image, each about 5x20 pixels.
I've downloaded using another product. I've converted the FLV to another format. In each case the errors remain.
Does anybody know what is going on here?
Thanks.
JimB

Cheryl Wester
11-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi

It could be that the file is copy protected and that is what is causing the issue. Also, this forum is not for WM Recorder at this time. I might suggest you contact tech support for WM Recorder or you could check out the forums at http://stream-recorder.com/forum/

JimBrook
11-20-2008, 02:10 AM
Thank you Cheryl.

Do you mind if I say that for ordinary mortals it's very confusing to know where to post questions re WMRecorder/Applian products. I posted here because last time I created a support ticket for WMRecorder (and the support was great!) I was communicating with somebody whose email identified as coming from from "Applian Tech". It seemed natural to join and post on "Applian Technologies Discussion Forum".

Re copy protection on flvs, this is something I have not heard of before. Is it real? Is there any workaround?

Finally if this post is not on the correct site, should I delete this thread - after receiving your reply of course. (Can I delete it?

Thanks for your help.

Jim B

Jeff Lenney
11-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi Jim

We do not own WM Recorder. We jointly own the WM Recorder site, and market and support the program though. I understand it can be a bit confusing, so I'm sorry for that, but hopefully we can make things more clear going forward. :-)

With regards to this thread, please leave it here so others can see it.

Thanks