PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music 3 question

Startech
03-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Recently upgraded to Replay Music 3. Now I notice that there is a pending and a converting process that happens after the track finishes and the next title is playing. What are these processes? Previous versions of RPM did not do this.

Cheryl Wester
03-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi

This is simply the process where the file is converted to an MP3 file and where the tagging of the music by Gracenote is taking place.

Startech
03-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Are there specific advantages to Replay Music 3? I am considering going back to version 2. In version 2, conversion to MP3 takes a few seconds at most while in version 3 conversion and/or the pending status can take up to a minute or more. If this increase time was producing a higher quality file, that would be one thing. I have not noticed increased quality. Any comments would be appreciated.

Matthew Hall
03-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Are there specific advantages to Replay Music 3? I am considering going back to version 2. In version 2, conversion to MP3 takes a few seconds at most while in version 3 conversion and/or the pending status can take up to a minute or more. If this increase time was producing a higher quality file, that would be one thing. I have not noticed increased quality. Any comments would be appreciated.

I think it's just for use with Windows Vista, it is more stable.

Have you tried the MP3s at a higher bit rate to increase the quality? Up to 320kbps is available.
You can change this in the main settings of Replay Music 3.

Matthew

Mike Christensen
03-29-2008, 12:03 AM
I think it's just for use with Windows Vista, it is more stable.

Have you tried the MP3s at a higher bit rate to increase the quality? Up to 320kbps is available.
You can change this in the main settings of Replay Music 3.

Matthew

Matthew is correct. We are using a different technology for recording audio files in Replay Music 3. The technology for recording audio in Replay Music 2, will not work on most Vista systems.

bdwilliamson
07-26-2008, 02:44 PM
i noticed the converting and pending notification but for some reason Replay Music will not "stop " recording the last track of a series of tracks being recorded. The result is a 60 megabyte file that cannot be recognized.

Other issues noticed are Music Replay will rendomly split a track into 2 tracks (a good example is the 2nd track off of Simon and Garfunkels Bridge over troubled water.)

I have played with the volume cutoff level but nothing really helps.

i even tried going back to the 2.51 but no sound comes out and nothing records anymore.

i am very frustrated

Cheryl Wester
07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
The developer is working on another update. I will let him know about your issues. If you continue to have a problem let tech support know.

Al E.
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
There have been many instances when I wanted to delete a track while recording another. Is there a way to deactivate the warning delete "ding" so it doesn't get captured in the recording?

maxrenn
09-13-2008, 05:15 AM
Hello, i would like to have some informations about RM 3.45.

1]When "audio driver" is checked in the settings ; the audio capture is purely digital ? There's no digital=>analog=>digital convertion ? I guess that "audio driver" is a virtual sound device that captures the audio data before it reaches the speakers : am i right?

So i don't understand the way RM works : when you're recording a 192kb MP3 web radio; why RM decompresses this mp3 into a wav file and then converts it back to Mp3 ? I guess you loose some quality?

2] There's a new feature : the volume slider : i would like to have the confirmation that this is only useful when you choose "wave out mix" or "what you hear" in the settings, that's to say when you choose to make a digital=>analog=>digital convertion .
But when you choose "audio driver" the audio data is captured digitally as the source so , in this case the volume slider is not needed?

I would like to have the confirmation about that because i chose RM to have a sound quality close to the original without having to getting mad adjusting the volume options in order to avoid low volume or static like with other softwares that record from the sound card.

Thanks for reading.

Mike Christensen
09-20-2008, 12:25 AM
The developer is working on another update. I will let him know about your issues. If you continue to have a problem let tech support know.

There is now a new version of Replay Music, version 3.45. Please upgrade to this version if you are having any problems.

Best regards,

Mike Christensen
09-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Hello, i would like to have some informations about RM 3.45.

1]When "audio driver" is checked in the settings ; the audio capture is purely digital ? There's no digital=>analog=>digital convertion ? I guess that "audio driver" is a virtual sound device that captures the audio data before it reaches the speakers : am i right?

So i don't understand the way RM works : when you're recording a 192kb MP3 web radio; why RM decompresses this mp3 into a wav file and then converts it back to Mp3 ? I guess you loose some quality?

2] There's a new feature : the volume slider : i would like to have the confirmation that this is only useful when you choose "wave out mix" or "what you hear" in the settings, that's to say when you choose to make a digital=>analog=>digital convertion .
But when you choose "audio driver" the audio data is captured digitally as the source so , in this case the volume slider is not needed?

I would like to have the confirmation about that because i chose RM to have a sound quality close to the original without having to getting mad adjusting the volume options in order to avoid low volume or static like with other softwares that record from the sound card.

Thanks for reading.

Hi,

To answer your questions:

1) When Replay Music captures audio there is no digital->Analog-> digital conversion. Replay Music captures just the digital signal. Replay Music does not take a MP3 and then decompresses it to a WAV. It just captures the raw WAV data. It later converts it to a MP3 file, if that's the output format you desire.

2) The volume slider adjusts the volume of the recorded audio digital data. So it will work when selecting "Audio driver". The default of the volume slider which is the mid position means no volume adjustment. But you can adjust the volume slider to 100% of less volume on one end to 100% of more volume of the original on the other end. This is good to have when the source volume is too high or too low.

Best regards,