PDA

View Full Version : windows 8 support pls. thx

ewq2
10-24-2012, 10:53 PM
applian driver don't work correctly with windows 8 (no internet connection)

fefrei
10-31-2012, 03:08 PM
I can confirm this problem with Windows 8. I just purchased Replay Media Catcher (everything worked back then), but when I rebooted, I lost network connectivity. The WLAN connection no longer shows up in the Network and Sharing Center. I also had problems with my laptop getting stuck while waking from standby.

When can we expect an update?

Jeff Lenney
11-01-2012, 12:58 AM
These are working fine on our end - can you please submit a ticket to tech support so we can further assist you?

fefrei
11-01-2012, 03:46 AM
OK, I did that.

SpiritMatter
11-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I have a computer with Intel i7 3.5GH, 20GB memory, Intel Gigabit LAN card, AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics card and Kaspersky 2013 Internet Security.
After installing, uninstalling and reinstalling a number of programs, I can confirm that the Applian net driver listed in my LAN card properties is the problem. Without it my VP network works fine and I have internet access through the VPN. With the Applian net driver installed, the VPN can be seen to be connected with the Kaspersky firewall utility and the Windows 8 Open Network and Sharing utility, but no internet access can be made.

quick12
11-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Same problem here. Windows 8, using RMC 4 and VPN internet connection. Internet stops working after installing RMC. I can get VPN connection established but internet doesnt work. Any solution?

fefrei
11-21-2012, 09:35 AM
In my support ticket, the support staff denied there is a problem with RMC and Windows 8.
They also said that RMC5 would use a newer version of the driver, and wouldn't need that specific driver at all if you don't use VPN.

V1CYo5ti
11-24-2012, 02:55 PM
I can confirm the problem as well. After upgrading to Windows 8 I could connect to my vpn but could not access any of the remote resources. My research discovered that it had to be a third party application causing the issues. I finally resorted to doing a complete reformat and clean install of Windows 8, then installing programs one by one. After each installed program I would test the vpn and remote access. Everything worked fine until installing RMC. I hope they find a fix for this soon!

fefrei
11-25-2012, 04:01 AM
I'd suggest that you file a support ticket - currently, Applian neglects that there is any issue. Hopefully, a few support requests will show them that there is something to this.

peterhoo
11-26-2012, 11:40 AM
I can, as others have stated, call your attention that Replay Media Catcher will not function properly inside the Windows 8 environment. At launch the message window states the driver for the software did not load and I am unable to record any video clip posted on the website I am viewing. I submitted a ticket four days ago, provided log files and a url link to the website I was viewing.

Please, better support response is asked for. I am very keen to solve this problem.