PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher v4.4.4 - Track Naming + WAV Option For Stream + Turn Off Sounds

marccunn
10-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Hello:

First Question:

I am using Repaly Media Catcher v4.4.4 on 32-bit Windows XP Pro (with all curent updates).

I am trying to record from last.fm

I went to Tools/Settings/File Naming Rules

In the Music Tagging/File Naming option at the bottom I inserted this track naming protocol:
{artist} - {album} - {trackno} - {track} - {year}

However, all the tracks are being named {album} - {track} - {artist}

The last.fm stream is identified by Replay Media Catcher v4.4.4 as a "secure stream" which apparently must be recorded through the browser (I use Internet Exploere 8).

So in the File Naming Rules options at the top, I have "Enable Active Browser Naming" checked.

I also have all the other nine (9) options checked.

I have tried to uncheck all 10 options, but then the tracks are just all named "Media Stream".

I tried having just the "Enable Active Browser Naming" checked, but then the tracks are all named {album} - {track} - {artist}

So my question is, how do I make Replay Media Catcher v4.4.4 name all the last.fm tracks as:
{artist} - {album} - {trackno} - {track} - {year}?

Second Question:

Is there any way in Replay Catcher v4.4.4 to have the last.fm tracks record directly into WAV format as in Replay Music 5?

I could not find any WAV option in the conversion drop-down box options.

Did I just miss it?

There is a WAV option for recording in the Audio Recorder option of Replay Media Catcher v4.4.4, but I could not see any WAV option for recording streams (like last.fm) directly to WAV.

I tried using Replay Music 5 to record the last.fm stream into WAV, and it did.

However, Replay Music 5 could not name any tracks, even though I had the "Automatically Identify Track" box checked.

Replay Music 5 does a good job of splitting the tracks, but for the names it just shows what I think are Japanese, Chinese or Korean characters, or it shows "Not Recognized".

Third Question:

Is it my imagination, or does Replay Media Catcher v4.4.4 make ding and ping sounds every time it finishes a track or switches from recording one stream and starts another?

I have all sounds turned off on my computer, so there would be no interference adding extraneous noises to the recording.

However, I am getting these dings and pings at the end of eack track when I try to record from last.fm.

If those sounds are coming from Replay Media Catcher v4.4.4, how do I turn them off?

I could not find any setting for sounds in the Tools options.

Maybe I am just going nuts?

Any help or advice on any of those 3 questions above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Marc

marccunn
10-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Hello again, all:

I got the answers to 2 of my original three questions above, but in doing so a new question arose.

I was able to slove the original First Question above about the file naming for last.fm stream files.

In Tools/Settings/File Naming Rules, in the top "File Naming Rules" section, uncheck the boxes for the second option "Enable YouTube Naming" and the third option "Enable Playlist Naming".

Leave all the other 8 boxes checked.

Once you do that, you can put your own file naming protocol in the open box in the bottom "Music Tagging/File Naming" section.

Currently I am using this protocol: {artist}_{album}_{trackno}_{track}_{year}

However, this brings up the new question...for some unknown reason, the filename always gets cut off after about 41 characters.

I cannot figure out why, or how to increase the number of potential characters for the file name.

I am ending up with names like this: Katharine McPhee_Unbroken_6_Terrified_20.mp3 (where the last 2 digits of the album year got cut off at the end of the file name).

Does anyone know how to increase the number of potential characters for the length of the file name?

I also found the answer to my original Third Question above, about the sounds.

In Tools/Settings/Dialog Display, uncheck the third option "Enable sound effects" in the top "Dialog Display" section, and the annoying ding and ping sounds at the end of recording each file vanish.

So, I still have not found the answer to my original Second Question above about how to record the last.fm stream files directly into WAV format.

If anyone could provide some insight to that question, and also to my new question in this post about how to increase the number of potential characters in the file name I would appreciate the help.

Thanks again.

Marc