PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain the Strange and Unwanted Appilian Miniport 2 Hardware Notification - Support Tech

suzzie12
09-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Have RPMC 4.4.4 on Win xp

I have been getting screen notifications about an appilian miniport 2 Hardware port. This port thing is Unwanted and UnExpected.

Can some one at the factory please explain clearly what this is in clear english terms that make sense...and tell us what this is doing...and tell us why it has appeared without intervention on our part even though we have "Do not participate in user improvement program" selected.

Thanks for the disclosure

Jeff Lenney
09-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Hi Suzzie

If you tell us EXACTLY what the messages say, we can try to help.

The miniport is part of what helps RMC run...i'd recommend keeping it on your 'wanted' list! :)

suzzie12
09-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Hi jeff,

Without notice... I began to get yellow "appilian mini port" balloon notifications coming from my task bar on he lower right of the screen. It is a yellow prompt that looks similar to when new hardware is being installed for the first time.

Then a day later I got a second balloon that says "appilian mini port #2"... and I also got the windows wizard that tries to help you install driver disks for new hardware. So now, I occasionally get a balloon notification that simply says "appilian mini port" and then a second balloon 15 seconds later that says "appilian mini port #2" pops up with the hardware driver install wizzard. I am not installing hardware on the system when I get these prompts.

I have armc 4.4.4 that was upgraded a week earlier...and that install went OK without any problems or flags.

This unexpected behavior is a suspicious activity for me...and having someone openly discussing it from the factory would be a great help to me and others.

Thanks

Suzzie