PDA

View Full Version : What exactly does "Keep on Top" do?

mm356
09-10-2012, 06:57 PM
For the life of me I can't see what "Keep on Top" is actually doing. From the user guide I get that it is supposed to keep the recording window on top at all times, but I don't see any differences when this option is checked vs. unchecked. In both cases if I open a new window and place it over my recording window, the new window gets recorded as well. Am I missing something?

What I'd really like is the ability to start recording and then lock that window in place similar to what VideoClone does, b/c every time I try to record something my wife or kids come behind me and open new windows. However, since I just bought the entire Video Capture Suite before I realized the difference I really don't wanna shell out any more money for another program. Since these two programs are eerily similar, I just wondered if this capability already exists in RVC or if not, if it may be added in the future. Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
09-11-2012, 05:53 AM
Video Clone is not meant to record but to allow you to see two screens at the same time. It offers a recording feature but not to the degree of Replay Vidoe Capture.

mm356
09-11-2012, 10:00 AM
OK, sounds good on RVC vs. VideoClone. But back to the original quesion - what does "keep on top" in RVC actually do? Am I missing something here?

Cheryl Wester
09-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Keeps Replay Video Capture on top of all other windows. I'm referring to the program and not to what you are recording.

mm356
09-12-2012, 06:37 PM
OK, now I get it. I thought that's what "Set Top Window" was supposed to do, but now I see the difference. There's a difference between keeping it on top and actually being able to record it. Very subtle, but I get it now nonetheless. Thanks for the clarification.