PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded Replay Music 4 to 5.20, Won't Launch

robschulbaum
08-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I just upgraded from Replay Music 4 to 5.20, and now it won't launch. I get the splash screen, and it never opens the program itself. Task manager indicates that is running, but there is no GUI. No error message.

I have tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I'm running Windows XP SP3.

Perhaps unrelated, but oddly enough each time I attempt to open Replay Music, it opens TWO browser windows (Chrome), one for the quick guide, and the second one is blank.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Cheryl Wester
08-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Please see if by making IE your default browser it corrects the issue. Let us know.

robschulbaum
08-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks for your reply. Tried that, same results, except now it opens an IE tab with "http:///" in the address bar.

Other thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Ballpoint
09-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Same problem here. Running XP SP3, firewall off.
Install appeared to complete OK, but when starting it opens IE8 with "http:///" in the address bar.
Consequently can't register.
Is there a bug fix on the way???

Ballpoint
09-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Install appeared to complete OK, but when starting it opens IE8 with "http:///" in the address bar.

Ballpoint
09-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Oops! accidentally sent the message twice. sorry.

Cheryl Wester
09-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Please contact tech support if you continue to have this issue. Thanks.

geoffkc
09-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Anyone got a fix for this yet??

Cheryl Wester
09-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Geoffkc, please contact tech support with this issue. Thanks.

Ballpoint
09-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Please contact tech support if you continue to have this issue. Thanks.

I contacted Tech Support. They sent me a new version of RM (5.3 beta??).
Their response was very quick - thank you.
The version which was sent now launches OK and I've been using it for about a week.
Though it's not 100% yet; some scripting errors when using the in-built browser,
but that doesn't cause me any real problem.

Thanks guys!

shirtour
09-11-2012, 10:20 PM
To robschulbum, geoffkc, Ballpoint, and others having a problem with launching Replay Music 4 to 5.20:
I just spent 2 days plus a flurry of exchanges with Cheryl at Support, and would like to share the solution I found that worked. I am also using WIN XP SP 3.

DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS!

1. Totally uninstall Replay Music using Control Panel. You need to go into Program Files afterwards and delete anything left there called Replay Music. If any file will not delete, CHANGE ITS NAME!
2. If you do not have Piriform's Ccleaner, DL it from filehippo.com and run the cleaner. Then use the registry feature, choosing YES for backup before fixing all issues found.
3. Reboot.
4. DL the version of Replay music you want and save the .exe file. (The new version 5 is great and well worth the $4.95.)
5. Take your computer off-line, disable your antivirus program and install Replay Music.
6. RE-enable your antivirus, go back on-line and Launch RM.
Mine worked seamlessly.
I hope this helps.

shirtour
09-11-2012, 10:23 PM
To robschulbum, geoffkc, Ballpoint, and others having a problem with launching Replay Music 4 to 5.20:
I just spent 2 days plus a flurry of exchanges with Cheryl at Support, and would like to share the solution I found that worked. I am also using WIN XP SP 3.

DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS!

1. Totally uninstall Replay Music using Control Panel. You need to go into Program Files afterwards and delete anything left there called Replay Music. If any file will not delete, CHANGE ITS NAME!
2. If you do not have Piriform's Ccleaner, DL it from filehippo.com and run the cleaner. Then use the registry feature, choosing YES for backup before fixing all issues found.
3. Reboot.
4. DL the version of Replay music you want and save the .exe file. (The new version 5 is great and well worth the $4.95.)
5. Take your computer off-line, disable your antivirus program and install Replay Music.
6. RE-enable your antivirus, go back on-line and Launch RM.
Mine worked seamlessly.
I hope this helps.

Summertom
09-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Thank you. I followed your directions quite carefully and now Replay Music 5.30 works without hesitation. The program doesn't hang for 90 seconds before starting as before. I am running Windows Vista and the "fix" worked perfectly.
Thank you once again.