PDA

View Full Version : Lip synch problem after converting a good flv file to DVD

Richard Adams
08-15-2012, 12:38 PM
I have tried to research this common problem and tried all kinds of fixes but no luck so far.

I have downloaded successfully a flv file from the BBC which plays good quality and no lip synch problem at all. But on converting it to DVD Pal there is bad lip sync.

I tried "fixing" the flv time but still the same bad lip sync.

So I tried first converting the flv to both AVI h264 and MPEG4 and then DVD but the same results.

What baffles me is the original flv plays well.

What else can I try (please make it simple)

Richard A

Richard Adams
08-17-2012, 04:38 AM
Well I seem to have cracked the problem. I have to troubleshoot the flv file before converting and choose "Auto re-sync all audio"

This turns off DirectShow and when I then went to settings to turn it off permanently to avoid this fiddle for every flv file, it warned me not to. I wonder what the benefit of DirectShow is? Conversion I think takes longer.

Ah well Replay is still a useful programme and I'm grateful for the continued support.

Richard A

Richard Adams
08-17-2012, 04:39 AM
Well I seem to have cracked the problem. I have to troubleshoot the flv file before converting and choose "Auto re-sync all audio"

This turns off DirectShow and when I then went to settings to turn it off permanently to avoid this fiddle for every flv file, it warned me not to. I wonder what the benefit of DirectShow is? Conversion I think takes longer.

Ah well Replay is still a useful programme and I'm grateful for the continued support.

Richard A

Cheryl Wester
08-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Glad it is working. If you need the DirectShow for a conversion just select it again. You can always deselect later.

Cherylb
03-20-2013, 09:19 AM
I also have recorded movies that were streaming live to MPEG4 or MPEG2. When I try to burn them to DVD NTSC I also have a lip sync problem. The original MPEG4/MPEG2 file plays fine off my hard drive. Should I be recording the original file as a flv file? Then troubleshooting it before converting as you mention above "auto re-sync all audio" Is this in the settings?

Cheryl Wester
03-21-2013, 07:32 PM
You might give that a try and see if it works. Each system is different so you would need to experiment.

DADEO
03-21-2013, 08:36 PM
I also have recorded movies that were streaming live to MPEG4 or MPEG2. When I try to burn them to DVD NTSC I also have a lip sync problem. The original MPEG4/MPEG2 file plays fine off my hard drive. Should I be recording the original file as a flv file? Then troubleshooting it before converting as you mention above "auto re-sync all audio" Is this in the settings?

Where is this "auto re-sync all audio" ?

Is this in the settings?

Cheryl Wester
03-22-2013, 05:55 AM
right mouse click your file for that. Thanks.

DADEO
03-22-2013, 06:26 AM
right mouse click your file for that. Thanks.

Wow, it's true, you can learn something everyday. I've used this program for years and don't ever recall right clicking a file. I guess this happened because the program always worked for me. Thanks Cheryl, this old dog learned a new trick.