PDA

View Full Version : Recording skype

kathlik
08-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Dear team,

I have been a happy Replay Video Capture owner since 2009 using it mostly to record sport streamed over the web. However, I would like to record skype video chats. When I tried it, the video records fine, but I can only record one side of the audio. If I select microphone as my audio input it records my speech but I cannot hear the person I am talking to. If I select Stereo mix, it records the audio from the person I am skyping with, but it does not record my voice from the webcam mic. I followed the instructions in this thread:

https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?5877-quot-Cannont-find-audio-input-source-quot

" I fixed the problem by going into Control Panel/Sound/Playback tab, right click on any play back device and then click "Show Disabled Devices". "Realtek Digital Output" displayed as disabled, which I enabled by right clicking and clicking "Enable". In the "Play Back" tab, the speakers should be set as the default device. Select the "Recording" tab and set the "Stereo Mix" as the default device.

In the Replay Video Capture "Settings"/"Audio Setup/Test" I selected "Stereo Mix" for "Select an Audio Source". The drop down list for "Audio Input" is still blank but it doesn't seem to affect the recording. The "Test" worked fine."

but still I cannot record both audio sides. It still does not record my audio from the webcam mic. Can someone please provide a suggestion on how I can record both my audio from the webcam mic and the person I am talking to? I am using windows 7.

Thanks
MJ.

Cheryl Wester
08-14-2012, 06:13 PM
The program is not meant to record Skype and if it does it is based on your system. We do have Replay Telecorder that does an excellent job recording Skype. Give it a try if you haven't.