PDA

View Full Version : Replay converter install kills Windows Media Player?

CaptainTivo
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I am using a program called "Playlater" to record streaming video from Netflix. The resulting .plv video files have DRM and can be played on the Windows Media Player. However, I want to play them on XMBC, so I downloaded the free version of Replay Converter to test whether it could convert these into standard (non-DRM) files. This seems to work well, I converted a file to .mp4 and it can be played on the VLC media player.

However, after I installed the Replay Converter, I could not longer play the .plv files on the Windows Media Player. In fact, the player crashes every time I try to play one of these files. It will still play most other types, though. Player also crashes when I attempt to play files via the Playlater program, too.
So I uninstalled Replay Converter. However, this did not fix the crash in WMP, so I have to conclude that Replay Converter somehow dorked the WMP installation.

Questions:
1. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
2. how do I re-install WMP without re-installing the entire OS?
3. Is there some way to repair the damage done by Replay converter?

I really like Replay Converter, it solves my problem and I want to buy it but it has to play nice with Windows Media Player, too!

Windows Media Player 22.0.5721.5280
Playlater v. 1.1.13.3347

Thanks.

jimbr1111
07-03-2012, 04:34 AM
You can get WMP 11 from filehippo.com

Cheryl Wester
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Replay Converter should not effect how your windows media player works. There have been a lot of flash and windows updates in the last couple of weeks. Please update your windows media player.