PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Download COPIES when Capturing YouTube

suzzie12
05-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I have RMC4 in Win XP.

I have searched the FAQ...no entries

I have searched the Forums...No satisfactory Answer.

Problem: When I Capture 1 YouTube Video I get a copy of it trying to download again after 20 seconds...then another...then another.

Applian...You are not owning up to the problem that the checkbox in the settings menu that says "Do Not Allow Multiple Copies of You Tube Videos" does not work properly in this version. I DO have it checked. I did re-install and reboot.

And NO...I am not supposed to turn off capture...then wait forever for the single you tube to complete...then turn it back on later after its done. It does not work this way for other video sites and conditions. This is the only site I have gotten 5 copies on...I can usually just make my selection...wait till RPMC starts the download...then onto the next video.

Is there something you can do, or I can do, to successfully stop multiple downloads of the same video in YouTube...so RPMC acts as friendly as it does on other sites?

I guess the reason im somewhat hard on the experts this time...is that they have given supposedly bogus answers to solving the problem...and now its time to ammend the code and fix the problem inside of "This really fine product". I otherwise really LOVE what you guys have here...just this one fix is needed for me it seems.

Jeff Lenney
05-31-2012, 11:48 PM
Which version of RMC are you currently using?

Thank you

Bartontb
06-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Come on Jeff, this isn't an RMC version issue. There has been enough discussion on this forum for you to know that RMC (any version) doesn't properly capture YouTube. This problem started some time in May of this year - probably due to a change made by YouTube. I have tried both versions 4.4.1 and 4.4.2, both have the same capture problem described above (and in other threads).
Sorry to be so harsh, but this is a known issue that Applian needs to fix ASAP. This should be an easy test for Applian to try to discover that there is a problem.

episickness
06-05-2012, 04:45 AM
i am currently also having the same issue and am using the latest version of rmc4. i start rmc4 first, then the ie, go to youtube and rmc4 goes crazy. it downloads multiple copies, a bunch at once. but none of the downloads work. In fact, rmc4 says 'download complete', but each of the downloaded FLVs are 1740 kb in size. all of them! then, when i try to close rmc4 program down, it gives me a warning that it's still downloading. the programs says it's complete, the file doesn't get any larger than 1740 kb, but it warns me that it's still downloading. tried tweaking the settings. i tried to uninstall and reinstall several times. in safe mode and in normal mode. i am using win7 home btw. i have tried in admin mode and as in winxp service pack 2 and 3, but it just doesn't want to work. i have read elsewhere with others having a similar problem and with the alphanumeric naming conventions. i have that also, but that's no big deal. also, i have to manually download the files but it fails also. This has been happening for about two versions now. the previous versions at least gave me one good working copy, but now i don't get any. what can i try next? btw, i have also tried to reinstall a previous version and got the same trouble, so i switched back to the latest.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

DiederikDupont
06-19-2012, 05:07 PM
It seems Applian doesn't have an answer. I have added downloadhelper to my FireFox browser to make it possible to download files from YouTube.

Jeff Lenney
06-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Come on Jeff, this isn't an RMC version issue. There has been enough discussion on this forum for you to know that RMC (any version) doesn't properly capture YouTube. This problem started some time in May of this year - probably due to a change made by YouTube. I have tried both versions 4.4.1 and 4.4.2, both have the same capture problem described above (and in other threads).
Sorry to be so harsh, but this is a known issue that Applian needs to fix ASAP. This should be an easy test for Applian to try to discover that there is a problem.

Hi Barton, actually - it is a version issue. The youtube issue was fixed with 4.4.3, before that - recordings were stopping at 1.7mb or so...

For those THAT ARE having this issue, make sure you update to the latest version from http://applian.com/download-videos

If you STILL are- try this for me: Do me a favor please.

In RMC, please click on Tools, Settings, File Naming Rules - UN-CHECK "Enable Active Browser Title Naming" which should be the top option. Click on "OK", and try a few recordings again please.

Let me know if this helps.

billr123
07-08-2012, 05:06 AM
I am also having this issue

Win7 Home Premium
RMC 4.4.3

trying to capture this video from youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgr8URUYRoo

It captures 5 files, and none of them plays after being captured
I used RMC version 4.4.3 originally, then I tried redownloading 4.4.3 and reinstalling, still the same problem

I also tried your suggestion "In RMC, please click on Tools, Settings, File Naming Rules - UN-CHECK "Enable Active Browser Title Naming"
Please help,
Thanks

Jeff Lenney
07-08-2012, 11:03 PM
I am also having this issue

Win7 Home Premium
RMC 4.4.3

trying to capture this video from youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgr8URUYRoo

It captures 5 files, and none of them plays after being captured
I used RMC version 4.4.3 originally, then I tried redownloading 4.4.3 and reinstalling, still the same problem

I also tried your suggestion "In RMC, please click on Tools, Settings, File Naming Rules - UN-CHECK "Enable Active Browser Title Naming"
Please help,
Thanks

Hi Bill - sorry to hear you're having this issue - please submit a tech support ticket so we can look at this in more detail with you

BSintzel
07-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Jeff,

I've been running 5.0.1.1 on Win 7 64-bit for a while now and, after hundreds of successful downloads, I started experiencing 'what appeared to be' the notorious 'multiple download' issue.

I just tried to download 'one' file again and sure enough, two files appeared in my download folder. However, after closer examination of the folder contents, I noticed that both the file names were the same, but their sizes and extensions were different. Suddenly a big bright light bulb appeared above my head...lol

It never dawned on me that earlier I had set the 'conversion settings' to output=mp4.

Two things threw me off:

1 -I had forgotten that earlier on, I had set the program to convert downloads to .MP4. I'm old, so I have an excuse :o

2 -The download icon and the conversion icon 'both' appear on the same window (side by side) and use the same visual presentation i.e., there was no visual cue that the second icon on the page was actually the first download undergoing a conversion process.

Could this also be the reason 'others' are experiencing ,what 'appears' to be, double downloads?

Moving forward: Would it be possible, in an upcoming release, to provide a 'visual cue' that two distinctly different operations are being performed? That way, folks who have poor memories (like me) won't 'tilt' when they see 'what appears to be' two downloads instead of one.:cool:

Hope to hear back on this.

warm regards

Jeff Lenney
07-31-2013, 10:47 PM
Jeff,

I've been running 5.0.1.1 on Win 7 64-bit for a while now and, after hundreds of successful downloads, I started experiencing 'what appeared to be' the notorious 'multiple download' issue.

I just tried to download 'one' file again and sure enough, two files appeared in my download folder. However, after closer examination of the folder contents, I noticed that both the file names were the same, but their sizes and extensions were different. Suddenly a big bright light bulb appeared above my head...lol

It never dawned on me that earlier I had set the 'conversion settings' to output=mp4.

Two things threw me off:

1 -I had forgotten that earlier on, I had set the program to convert downloads to .MP4. I'm old, so I have an excuse :o

2 -The download icon and the conversion icon 'both' appear on the same window (side by side) and use the same visual presentation i.e., there was no visual cue that the second icon on the page was actually the first download undergoing a conversion process.

Could this also be the reason 'others' are experiencing ,what 'appears' to be, double downloads?

Moving forward: Would it be possible, in an upcoming release, to provide a 'visual cue' that two distinctly different operations are being performed? That way, folks who have poor memories (like me) won't 'tilt' when they see 'what appears to be' two downloads instead of one.:cool:

Hope to hear back on this.

warm regards

Good evening - actually youtube has changed their streaming format AGAIN since this thread was first opened. :-)

If you don't mind, can I ask you to use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket so we can look into this further with you specifically? :)

BSintzel
08-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Huh? I'm guessing that you didn't completely read my post Jeff. No issue here, just a feature request;).