PDA

View Full Version : BBC Iplayer not recording

markbatts
05-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi,

I have just installed RMC v4.4.2 and have tried to use it to record bbc iplayer.

It records the brief intro but fails to record the main program.

I am in the UK and am using Windows 7 SP1.

Any advice?

thanks
Mark

Jeff Lenney
05-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Hi Mark

Specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

juanlfm
05-24-2012, 12:32 AM
I use to experience this often in Windows Vista but not in Windows 7.
However this is the site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01j8ccg/The_Apprentice_Series_8_Discount_Dealing/

Can not be accessed from outside the UK without UK VPN.

markbatts
05-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Hi,

I am new to RMC so did some more testing.If i disable ZoneAlarms Firewall it now seems to work intermittently.Sometimes it works , sometimes it gets the intro and sometimes it works and gets the intro and the program.

I have tried with Firefox12 and IE9 and seems to make no difference.

One thing i have noticed is that if you close the browser while RMC is open (recording or not) then it won't pickup any streams until you close and re open RMC.

Is this expected behaviour?

All the content is from the www.bbc.co.uk\iplayer and i am in the UK

Cheers
Mark

walnut
06-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Sorry to be coming to this late, but only just joined :)
I can't get Replay Media Catcher to record iPlayer programmes, only video clips which the BBC has on its news pages for instance, or their YouTube channel, which it records just fine. If I want to record something from iPlayer I use Replay Video Capture instead and it works well, the only problem being if your connection's a bit slow and the streaming stutters/buffers, then you get those in the recording as well, as it's capturing what's on the screen. Also, as far as I'm aware, RVC can't record in .flv format which I wish it could!

juanlfm
06-25-2012, 07:06 AM
I have been using Replay Media Catcher for a while and I am very pleased with it. One of my favourite software. It works intermitently with Vista but always work perfectly with Windows 7. The BBC have instituted some sort of DRM recently, which shows up in Vista sometimes, but RMC continues to work perfectly with 7.

walnut
06-25-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm still with XP, which probably explains it...

juanlfm
06-25-2012, 11:05 AM
I had XP before "updating" to Vista. It worked fine on XP and have regretted updating, but definitely Win 7 is the way to go. I am sorry RMC is rather erratic because I do not always have access to my Win 7. Let us hope Win 8 is the answer to all our PC prayers.

walnut
06-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I know I probably sound like a dinosaur, and a silly one at that, but can hardly bear the idea of parting with XP... which I'll have to before long as the system badly needs changing.
I've played round with Win7 a bit on my husband's laptop, but really hate that one or two features I'm so used to and find so valuable in XP aren't there or can't be replicated -- only silly little things, but when you use them all the time you get so used to them. Not to mention one or two pretty old programmes which probably won't work properly any more, but which do the job perfectly well for what I do (or additional shell extensions for instance, which I already know don't work in Win7 as I've already tried them on the laptop). Of course I can see Win7 is far better in so many other respects and is the way to go, but still dreading having to get used to "something new" and lose the little aids and shortcuts I use and rely on dozens of times every day.

juanlfm
06-25-2012, 11:38 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I really liked XP but moving up to Vista seemed the right thing to do at the time. Win 7 does allow running some XP software. fingers crossed Win 8 works for us all.

Sam Sport
08-02-2012, 04:44 AM
Is there any answer to record bbc iplayer? I've got replay 3 and 4 and using XP. One has occasionally worked when the other wouldn't. I can't get either to do it. I tried the webdump feature in rmc3 but it just downloads a series of tmp files about 1 mb long and starts over.Any specific tips such as which settings to adjust would be appreciated.