PDA

View Full Version : Version 4.4.2 not catching programme name

myersph
05-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I have just downgraded back to 4.4.1 because 4.4.2 would not capture the real programme name from BBC iplayer, I kept getting "BBC - Homepage" as the name. 4.4.1 works fine again now.

Jeff Lenney
05-21-2012, 12:15 AM
I have just downgraded back to 4.4.1 because 4.4.2 would not capture the real programme name from BBC iplayer, I kept getting "BBC - Homepage" as the name. 4.4.1 works fine again now.

There was no need to install the older version - In RMC, please go into tools/settings/file naming rules - UNCHECK the top option for browser naming and hit ok/save

problem solved :)

myersph
05-21-2012, 01:25 AM
There was no need to install the older version - In RMC, please go into tools/settings/file naming rules - UNCHECK the top option for browser naming and hit ok/save

problem solved :)

I tried that as you outlined; actully it made no difference to the title but also it made things worse as it sometimes did not even detect the download. Back to 4.4.1 until there is another solution. Is anybody else having trouble with BBC in particular?

juanlfm
05-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Am I right in thinking you are using Windows Vista?

myersph
05-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Am I right in thinking you are using Windows Vista?

No, Windows 7 64bit

juanlfm
05-23-2012, 01:50 AM
I found that when I had the software in my Windows Vista PC it did not capture, but since I moved it to Windows 7 no problem. I thought that had been the problem, but obviously not. I can not help any further, sorry.

flipper2012
05-24-2012, 11:24 AM
I am happy to see someone else with the same issue. I had the 4.41 and it worked, but when i went to 4.42 it didnt catch the username. In my case, this was for Camfuze. Windows 7 64bit. when i went back to 4.41 it worked. I tried the same thing with the removing the checkbox but that didnt work. I also noticed a issue that was previously fixed in earlier releases this year is back in 4.41 and up. This was when your streaming a video and you try to stream the same thing, it used to not open again, but now it's opening the same stream multiple times. This was a old bug and it was fixed a few releases prior to 4.41

Please let me know if you require additional information on either of these issues.

Thanks

myersph
05-27-2012, 01:53 PM
The only way I can now get 4.4.2 to catch the programme name is by NOT using Firefox and having to resort to Internet Explorer. Then it works.

flipper2012
05-28-2012, 09:22 PM
I was using Firefox when it didnt work, i need to try that, but i really dont like IE, i hope if this is the issue, it can be fixed.

flipper2012
05-29-2012, 05:41 PM

This is really frustrating because i just went back to the current version from 441 because one person said it works in IE but not firefox which i was using and the other said to uncheck the Enable Active browser title naming.

Neither are working. Now i need to go back and uninstall to reload 441 because 442 isnt working correctly. When it starts the stream i do see the correct one in there but then it gets overwritten.

I tried different combinations but its just not working for Camfuze. I filed a bug report but i didnt get any response back since Friday.

flipper2012
05-29-2012, 05:51 PM
In the midst of about to go crazy i figured it out. I consider myself not dumb but this was really confusing to get it working..

Here are the correct settings for Camfuze/Cam4

The first 3 boxes need to be checked and remove the check from everything else.. So enable the following should be:

Enable Active Browser Title naming, Enable Youtube Naming, Enable Playlist Naming.. Not sure why these last 2 are needed but it didnt work by choosing just the first option.

Argghh..

blobalbob
08-17-2012, 12:03 AM
WOO HOO thank you:cool:
This has been driving me nuts with CAM4 since I upgraded to V4.2
I can confirm it works in the latest version and using Firefox.

This information should be stickied folks