PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Downloading - stops halfway through

KellyW
04-24-2012, 04:42 PM
I am having problems getting the downloads to complete. I have tired various sites that I have used RMC without problem in the past such as ABC.com and CBS.com. The problem happens on all sites, so the problem isn't the websites. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted numerous times. I have even tried older RMC versions. Still it's the same thing. Out of the 110+ attempts, I have had success fully downloading three times. This when I used RMC daily for years without this issue happening before. Clearly since it's not the websites that's the problem, either it's my RMC settings, player settings, internet settings or firewall/security settings. I have fiddled with all of them and got nowhere but more confused. Of course, there is a possibility RMC isn't working properly but since there are no threads with the same issue, that's not the case. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be interferring with the download process and where I may have gone wrong with my settings? The only things that changed since it was working properly is I downloaded Video Capture (since uninstalled it). And I downloaded the latest version of RMC since I was using an older version. When I downloaded it, I did get an error message saying it could not load and giving instructions how to uninstall the driver so it could load. I followed those instructions and the error message went away. However, occasionally I am getting another error message at start-up saying the program requires internet access. I never got that before and my computer does have internet access, so I am not sure if that is a legit error message or a glitch. Anyway, I would appreciate any hints, ideas, suggestions etc... Thanks!

Jeff Lenney
04-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Hi Kelly

Being that you have an open ticket for this as well, i'll just give the same response here:
--------------

I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues, would you mind giving me a few SPECIFIC URL's you're having trouble recording?

I know for NBC that is no longer possible, as they're using a new format of adobe that is hard to record and not yet recordable by Replay Media Catcher.

As for the others, if you'd be so kind as to provide me with a few SPECIFIC URL's you're having issues recording that would be much appreciated.

KellyW
04-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Hey Jeff, I was hoping to find other users that had ideas for resolving this issue and that's why I also posted here as well as putting in a support ticket. I have replied to your response over on the ticket. This issue has been resolved as far as I can tell but I would like some help with another issue that I dicussed in my reply. Thanks for your response.

Jeff Lenney
04-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Hey Jeff, I was hoping to find other users that had ideas for resolving this issue and that's why I also posted here as well as putting in a support ticket. I have replied to your response over on the ticket. This issue has been resolved as far as I can tell but I would like some help with another issue that I dicussed in my reply. Thanks for your response.

No problem at all - just didnt want to waste a perfectly good response :-)

Jeff

quima
05-18-2012, 07:15 AM
I am having problems getting the downloads to complete. I have tired various sites that I have used RMC without problem in the past such as ABC.com and CBS.com. The problem happens on all sites, so the problem isn't the websites. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted numerous times. I have even tried older RMC versions. Still it's the same thing. Out of the 110+ attempts, I have had success fully downloading three times. This when I used RMC daily for years without this issue happening before. Clearly since it's not the websites that's the problem, either it's my RMC settings, player settings, internet settings or firewall/security settings. I have fiddled with all of them and got nowhere but more confused. Of course, there is a possibility RMC isn't working properly but since there are no threads with the same issue, that's not the case. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be interferring with the download process and where I may have gone wrong with my settings? The only things that changed since it was working properly is I downloaded Video Capture (since uninstalled it). And I downloaded the latest version of RMC since I was using an older version. When I downloaded it, I did get an error message saying it could not load and giving instructions how to uninstall the driver so it could load. I followed those instructions and the error message went away. However, occasionally I am getting another error message at start-up saying the program requires internet access. I never got that before and my computer does have internet access, so I am not sure if that is a legit error message or a glitch. Anyway, I would appreciate any hints, ideas, suggestions etc... Thanks!

Hi! I am having the same issues described by Kelly and I've tried everything I can think of. I'm using 2 different pcs and various URL's. Somedays it works just fine. And then, another days it's a nigthmare and it doesn't complete any download. Could you help me? Thank you so much.

URL's: http://tv2.rtp.pt/multimediahtml/audio/alvaropolis/2012-02-29/108760
http://tv2.rtp.pt/multimediahtml/audio/alvaropolis/2012-03-05/108762
http://tv2.rtp.pt/multimediahtml/audio/alvaropolis/2012-03-07/108763

Jeff Lenney
05-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Hi! I am having the same issues described by Kelly and I've tried everything I can think of. I'm using 2 different pcs and various URL's. Somedays it works just fine. And then, another days it's a nigthmare and it doesn't complete any download. Could you help me? Thank you so much.

URL's: http://tv2.rtp.pt/multimediahtml/audio/alvaropolis/2012-02-29/108760
http://tv2.rtp.pt/multimediahtml/audio/alvaropolis/2012-03-05/108762
http://tv2.rtp.pt/multimediahtml/audio/alvaropolis/2012-03-07/108763

Please submit a ticket to tech support for us so we can look into this for you and look into your log file