PDA

View Full Version : What format from Converter to use?

Scubasa1
04-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi Cheryl,
I used Media Catcher today to record a video from You Tube, I would like to watch this on a dvd player, which is the best format to use to convert to DVD? I also have Applian Converter if this will help?
I am a little confused by the fomats, I was looking for a .vob file format, but would it be an MPEG of some sort, the DVD MPEG?
Thanks for your time and help again.

Jeff Lenney
04-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Hi Scubasa

It depennds where you're located and what formats your dvd player will support. If you're in the US, generally mpeg-2 will work fine for your DVD player. :-)

Scubasa1
04-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Hi Jeff,
What about in the UK or Europe?

Jeff Lenney
04-08-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm not too familiar with UK DVD Players...I havent been to Europe in 12 years - and I didnt study the one I had in my hotel room then - hahaha

All kidding aside though, i'd simply recommend checking your DVD Player to see what formats it'll support. I would imagine Mpeg-2 would work for you though - have you had any luck with that yet?

Scubasa1
04-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi Jeff,
12 years, time for a visit I feel :-)
I have a new top of the range Sony Home Cinema with Blu Ray, it should play most formats, may just try the USB input before burning to disc.
Cheers mate.
Steve :-)

Jeff Lenney
04-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi Steve,

Will probably be heading out in a few years..so many countries to visit - so little time. :-)

Plus, I need to watch Top Gear UK LIVE if at all possible :-)

Regarding your home set up, give mpeg a shot like i said before and let me know how that goes - also - let us know how the usb input works out