PDA

View Full Version : ITV Player

Donnington123
03-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I stumbled across Applian RMC and bought/downloaded version 4.3.2. Works great with BBC iPlayer but any ideas if it will work with the ITV Player?
It seems to happily record the pre-programme station ident, then the adverts, but not any actual programme. (I tried to grab Midsomer Murders transmitted 21/03/2012). Thanks for any tips on resolving this.

juanlfm
03-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Sorry to say that ITV, like 4OD and Demand 5, protect their product. Short sighted in my view particularly because unlike BBC and even Sky, they do not even allow, within their own website, a download of their programs. ITV have long been struggling financially. They should remove DRM, and even with an increase in advertisements allow downloads. So the only way to download and record is with the Applian Replay Video Capture. Unfortunately of course this means that you have to let the program play; and does not help if like me you do not have available any more than a 1MB broadband. Means constant buffering for me.

Jeff Lenney
03-24-2012, 12:43 AM
I tested the URL you sent me, and unfortunately it appears that file type is now encrypted. I tried a few different videos on that page and had the same results. I was not able to get a recording using Replay Media Catcher.

For files such as this, you'll want to use Replay Video Capture, which is a SCREEN capture program we offer that records what it sees on your screen - regardless of the file type.

I DID test this file myself using RVC and it worked fine.

IF you haven't yet, please check it out here:

http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/

Thank you for your understanding,

Donnington123
03-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Thank you for responding. Guess I should use my DVR in future and not forget programmes I want to see on ITV! However, I still reckon RMC is a good buy.