PDA

View Full Version : Sudden problems recording BBC TV from iplayer with RMC

JohnB
02-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Within the last few days any BBC TV programs recorded with RMC (v 4.3.2) from BBC iplayer refuse to replay more than the first 18 seconds or so. I have tried replaying with FLV, tigerplayer and VLC so I dont think it is the player. I have tried recording with Firefox (10.0.2) and Chrome (just trying IE). Curiously, from about the same time, when recording with Firefox, the names of TV programs are not being resolved and are just named BBC iplayer - Homepage. Radio programs are being named and recorded with no problems.

Just checked IE (v9). Lower resolution (30 min about 100,000KB) records OK but normal resolution (about 320,000LB) doesnt, playing only a few seconds and locking up).

I have checked and RMC is 'fixing' the files.

I have tried recording several files and the problem affects them all.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01cqptf/Timothy_Spall_All_at_Sea_Stags_by_the_Sea/
is just one.

Any thoughts (other than using RVC!).

JohnB

juanlfm
03-01-2012, 03:15 AM
Just downloaded and played all 29 minutes of the first episode "All at Sea". No problem. I am using Vista. I suggest you uninstall, go to Applian and download and install the latest version. See if that helps.

JohnB
03-02-2012, 05:35 AM
Sadly your excellent suggestion it has not solved the situation.
Thanks anyway. I #now know something happened bewteen 6 and 8 Feb , sadly my earliest restore point is 10 Feb. Do I want the hasstle of doing a full C drive restore from backups to see IF that cures the problem?

JohnB