PDA

View Full Version : Error Converting .wtv to .mp4

RD1
01-20-2012, 09:26 AM
I'd like to convert some recorded TV shows to view on my iPod. The source file is .wtv, and I'm selecting "iPod video high quality" within Replay Converter as the destination format. The process fails.

- On hitting "go", CPU utilization goes to ~40%
- The process appears to run for 10 or 15 minutes before it fails
- The RC status window appears, but never budges off 0% complete
- The eventual error message is "ffmpeg has stopped working"

I have:
- Updated to the latest version of ffmpeg as linked from the applian web site
- Installed K-lite codec pack
- And of course, rebooted

Cheryl Wester
01-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Our program does not convert that file format. Thanks.

RD1
01-21-2012, 04:03 PM
ok, understood. But I do find it strange that:
1.) RC allows me to load this file with no error message
2.) RC starts to process the file with no error message
3.) RC just fails -no error message

You would think at some point, preferably the beginning, it would say that this is not a supported file format....

Cheryl Wester
01-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the feedback. The reason it doesn't is there are some formats that even though we don't support do convert just by the nature of how they are and what codecs they are using.

RD1
01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm not trying to convert unsupported formats anymore, but I'm still getting the "ffmpeg has stopped working" message several times per week. If I want to check for the latest version, should I pull from the ffmpeg web site, or only from the link on the Applian web site? Is there a difference? If Applian does testing before declaring a particular version of ffmpeg "supported", I only want that version.

What's the official link for ffmpeg that Applian wants us to use?
Other than updating ffmpeg versions, are there other diagnostic steps/ fixes when the "ffmpeg has stopped working" message is seen?

thx,
Ross

Cheryl Wester
01-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Please update your Converter program from our site and see if that corrects your problem. Uninstall and reboot first.

RD1
01-31-2012, 06:55 AM
If I update Replay converter, that's the only app I need to worry about? RAV8 does not have it's own converter?

Cheryl Wester
01-31-2012, 07:49 PM
If you are using AV 8.5 or better then updating the converter will allow it to work with AV. If you have an older version you would need to upgrade both.

willie001
02-07-2012, 01:57 AM
You would think at some point, preferably the beginning, it would say that this is not a supported file format.... http://www.amzcard.info/g.gif