PDA

View Full Version : Live Streams record very slowly now, in version 4.1.6 fast recorded with SuperDownload speeds

heyadam
12-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi all.

I have version 4.3.2 of Replay Media Catcher installed, the latest.

Before I upgraded, a major online streaming music service beginning with an R* would fast record with SuperDownload song FLV's that I would play. Now, it is identifying them as Live Streams, disabling SuperDownload and recording them very slowly.

I tried to turn off "Disable [SuperDownload] for live streams" (thereby enabling SuperDownload again) but the setting won't stick and doesn't do anything.

My problem is similar to this post for MLB Audio:
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?6984-MLB-Audio-RMC-4.2.1-incorrectly-identifying-live-RTMP-streams

In Applian's release notes for the last version, it says that I can turn off RTMP Live Stream detection but I don't see a setting for this. It also says that the "Disable [SuperDownload] for live streams" setting was added but it doesn't work.

***I have downgraded to 4.1.6 which does not disable SuperDownload by default on Live Streams and I can confirm that the older version does fast record with SuperDownload speeds again.***

Any help? I use RMC to archive my music from this service but waiting about 25X-50X longer to record a song sucks--really not worth it.

Thank you for any assistance in advance.

Regards,
heyadam

Jeff Lenney
12-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Hi heyadam

Specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

heyadam
12-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Hi Jeff.

I will reply in a private message to keep the name of the music streaming service off the (searchable) boards.

Thanks,
heyadam

XacTactX
01-15-2012, 04:14 AM
I am posting this to add a +1 to the list of people being affected by this issue who need help. I am using the latest RMC 4.3.2 and it has the same behavior reported by OP. There is a checkbox that can be found at Settings -> RTMP Tweaks (More) -> Super Download -> Disable for live streams, but it cannot be unchecked. RTMP streams can only be recorded in real time, and cannot be accelerated like they used to be in older versions (in my firsthand experience 4.04 worked correctly).

This problem is not specific to a music service or URL, it seems to affect RTMP streams in general. I am using the music service M** and it behaves the same way that OP described R******* as working.

If a solution to this issue is found, please post it on publicly available channels. The OP and I are not the only people being affected by this, we are the only ones who went to the trouble to speak out about it. Thank you. :)