PDA

View Full Version : RMC 4.3.2 Naming Some Files As If They Were Duplicates Although They Are Not

baileya6
11-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Replay Media Catcher 4.3.2 is naming some files as if they were duplicates (appending "Copy ({0})") even when there is no other file with the same name. For example, I just started recording a radio station from Slacker.com. My history was clear in RMC, and the recording directory was empty. RMC named the first file "Disturbed - Prayer - Copy (1).mp3." (As of this moment, it has now recorded six additional songs and named them correctly, without appending "Copy ({0})".) This morning, I let RMC run unattended for a few hours, recording 55 songs. I see many examples among those 55 songs where RMC appended "Copy ({0})" when it shouldn't have. For example, "Papa Roach - Scars - Copy (1).mp3." There isn't any other song by Papa Roach in the directory. I just upgraded to RMC 4.3.2 a few days ago (from RMC 3), and it has been doing this from the first day. Other than this file naming problem, the program is working great and I like it.

Jeff Lenney
11-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Hi Bailey

I think RMC is telling you that nu-metal is dead. :-)

All kidding aside, is this JUST happening with slacker, or other sites as well?

Thanks! :)

baileya6
11-23-2011, 09:20 AM
I tried it with Jango.com yesterday, and this problem did not happen. (In general, file naming works poorly with Jango.com, but the specific problem that I am concerned about did not happen.) I cannot try it with Pandora, because Pandora is giving me a message that there are no more songs on every possible station. I have given up on Pandora. So, based only on comparing Jango and Slacker, it seems that my problem is only occurring with Slacker.

cdeviney
01-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Replay Media Catcher 4.3.2 is naming some files as if they were duplicates (appending "Copy ({0})") even when there is no other file with the same name. For example, I just started recording a radio station from Slacker.com. My history was clear in RMC, and the recording directory was empty. RMC named the first file "Disturbed - Prayer - Copy (1).mp3." (As of this moment, it has now recorded six additional songs and named them correctly, without appending "Copy ({0})".) This morning, I let RMC run unattended for a few hours, recording 55 songs. I see many examples among those 55 songs where RMC appended "Copy ({0})" when it shouldn't have. For example, "Papa Roach - Scars - Copy (1).mp3." There isn't any other song by Papa Roach in the directory. I just upgraded to RMC 4.3.2 a few days ago (from RMC 3), and it has been doing this from the first day. Other than this file naming problem, the program is working great and I like it.

I have this same problem...any solution?

Jeff Lenney
01-31-2013, 11:57 PM
I have this same problem...any solution?

Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file:

http://applian.com/support.php

cdeviney
02-08-2013, 05:52 AM

I unchecked "automatically identify & tag music" and that seems to have resolved the false duplicate file naming problem with Slacker (V 4.4.5).