PDA

View Full Version : RC-4 and Outlook 2010

Rattler
11-16-2011, 07:50 AM
It seems (from trial and error) that there may be a conflict with Outlook 2010 while recording with RC 4? If I send a message, the Outlook 2010 program continues to send that same message continuously -- 100's of copies to vartious recipiants. Of course, asking MS for insight was a frustrating waste of time.

Is there a known RC-4 conflict or should I look elsewhere for a glitch?

Jeff Lenney
11-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Hi Rattler

I've seen 1 or 2 copies before, but never 100 before (that is because of the driver). Do me a favor, Please un-install ALL versions of Replay Media Catcher from your PC.

Once this is done, reboot your PC (this is important) and re-install the LATEST version of RMC from here: http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

Let me know how it goes! :-)

Rattler
11-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I have done as directed. RC-3 un-installed uneventfully; however, the RC-4 un-install hung up with a pop-up reporting that a "driver has failed to un-install (-2147024891)", I continued from that point -- seemingly without difficulty. I re-booted and then installed the latest version of RC-4.

All seems to be running OK thus far. From where I'm sitting all lights are blinking correctly, etc.. I mailed a test message sequence to another individual and presumably will hear back from them at some point.

Can you elaborate on how the driver may have caused? Hopefully that is corrected. :0)

Ted

Rattler
11-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Jeff,

Well I received the following disappointing feedback on the trial... "Received 39 times
Sent from my iPhone". So I guess all was not well after all. Any more thoughts?

Ted

juanlfm
11-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Why not send messages from outlook once you have stopped using RMC?

Rattler
11-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Currently that's what I am doing -- but every once and a while I forget RC-4 is running in the background.

I think it is useful to point out possible glitches, and if they are correctable, everyone is aware and better off. There is the possibility that my problem is unique and arises from my individual Win-7, 64-bit, computer-security-internet setup, and not RC-4 per se? I had hoped that someone else may have reported such the event and there was an easy fix. Guess not. :0)

juanlfm
11-24-2011, 02:08 AM
You make a very good point. I wondered if there was a reason why both were being used at the same time. Would be nice to get this glitch corrected. To misquote the A Team "Itīs good when it all comes together"

Jeff Lenney
11-26-2011, 02:53 AM
You make a very good point. I wondered if there was a reason why both were being used at the same time. Would be nice to get this glitch corrected. To misquote the A Team "Itīs good when it all comes together"

To quote them correctly, "I love it when a plan comes together." :p
One of my FAVORITE shows from when I was a kid (re-runs,granted) so I had to jump in. :-)