PDA

View Full Version : Finding common segments of two audio files

lisaby
11-08-2011, 08:44 AM
I use Replay A/V to capture operas broadcast on Otto and Swiss Radio. The broadcasts are of recordings which they play several times.

For various reasons, I may capture the first part of an opera during its first broadcast and a second part during a following broadcast. The two parts may overlap.

When they overlap, I'd like to be able to align the two captures so that I could cut and splice them together.

Does software exist which can find the common segments of two audio files? It would permit me to align the two captures.

Cheryl Wester
11-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't know of software that does this. We do have software that will allow you to split out a segment and join segments together. It is called Replay Media Splitter so you might want to give it a try.

ronzie009
11-14-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't know of any way to do this automatically. If the streams are in mp3 format, you can use mp3DirectCut to edit them without having to convert them, although there are some limitations as to what you can do. It can be found here: http://www.mpesch3.de It is freeware.