PDA

View Full Version : Recording Problems with Replay AV & XMtuner

cathykeller
10-27-2011, 10:21 AM
I have been using the XMtuner solution since it became necessary and now am having some problems.

First of all, is it still possible to copy the stream url from xmtuner to RA and, with "Add show manually", use the scheduler to start recording? That does not seem to be working and I may need a "how to do it" refresher. It used to work fine and now does nothing. If I start the station playing on xmtuner before RA starts recording, the RA recording begins but in a few minutes the RA recording wizard starts up, too, and both streams are coming through my speakers.

So could someone who is doing this successfully do a summary of "here's how you use xmtuner to schedule and record sirius like you used to be able to do with RA".
Thanks so much!
Cathy

CharlieSummers
10-27-2011, 05:57 PM
It used to work fine and now does nothing.

I had some issues myself with XM Tuner a few weeks ago before I went out of town, which I haven't had time to track down yet. As a workaround so I wouldn't miss anything while I was away, I switched to SiriusXMStreamer (http://www.permanence.com/sirius/)...it doesn't have a service mode, so you need to have the application running, but when it is just copy the default URI of the channel and paste it in the URL field of the Show Properties window, Basic tab. Schedule recordings work just fine...multiple channels can be recorded at the same time (although I admit I always schedule start times a minute off so as not to confuse anything).

Maybe next week I can get back to figuring out why XM Tuner suddenly started acting up.

cathykeller
10-28-2011, 05:26 AM
I'll give it a try this weekend...thanks!

I've tried all different combinations of RA/xmtuner and nothing has worked so if you come up with any solutions I'd be grateful to hear them!
Cathy

Flat_Timmy
12-02-2011, 05:14 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with XMTuner this morning? It was working last evening at 7. I tried to record something at Midnight and I noticed it wasn't working - Error fetching stream for 100 and 101. I haven't tried any other channels. I stopped and restarted the XM Tuner a couple of times last night and then I rebooted this morning, but no change.

KenRubman
12-09-2011, 05:41 AM
I am new. What is XMTUNER?