PDA

View Full Version : recording multiple channels on Sirius

roooo
10-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone...

I'd like to set Replay to record two different shows (on different channels) during the day when I'm not around. Is there a way to do this with the XMTuner solution? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd put it out there just in case.

Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
10-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Yes, I believe you can. Just copy the URL from XMTuner and make sure that both it and AV are open. The shows will probably need to be on at different times.

CharlieSummers
10-26-2011, 08:59 AM
The shows will probably need to be on at different times.

Nope. Using the legacy streams with XM Tuner or SiriusXMStreamer you may easily have multiple streams running at the same time. So you can record, say, both 50's on 5 and 60's on 6 at 5:30 pm.

In fact, one machine within your internal network could listen to 40's on 4 while another machine was listening to Boneyard while you are recording Playboy Radio. Hope everyone's using headphones, though...

I suddenly had issues with XM Tuner the other week, and switched to SiriusXMStreamer until I have time to track down the problem (clearly on my end somewhere), but haven't had issues recording multiple channels with either legacy streamer. (Only XM Tuner, however, can record the high and low versions of the same channel at the same time without jumping through a lot of hoops.)

roooo
10-26-2011, 08:23 PM
That's awesome. Thanks so much Charlie and Cheryl for your responses.