PDA

View Full Version : How to resume a capture?

Cela
10-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Hi,

I am new. Already had a couple of successful captures. But need to know:

1.) How to resume a capture which stopped early?
Which was stopped at 50% by the trial version?
Can't find a Resume option only the Reprocess option.

2.) My captures always start from the beginning (time 00:00:00.000 hh:mm:ss.milliseconds).
Is it possible to start a capture at a given intermediate time value (i.e. 01:12:27.000).
Or from the point the flash player was selected to start?

Thanks for your help!

juanlfm
10-22-2011, 11:32 AM
The full version records the whole session for me unlike the trial version.
Capture always starts as soon as the item to be captured is played and must be started before playing the to be captured file.

Cela
10-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks for your advice.
Well, that is one of the scenarios:
a) Started test with trial version. Impressive performance.
b) While the trial was downloading minute 10 from 2hrs20min, I bought the full version and entered the code into the running trial version. It excepted the code but, already transformed from trial to full version, stopped at 50%.
c) Not wanting to strain the download quota from my provider I wanted to resume the stopped by RMC4 50% download with my full version. But it startet over again a new download from the beginning.
Thus I conclude, RMC4 does not resume from where it has stopped or was stopped, but downloads a new download from the beginning.

In the meantime I noticed that RMC my pause downloading for a considerably long time, many minutes (maybe letting the realtime playing catch up?) and then starts to resume the download and finally finishes the download of the complete flv. If I remain patient long enough, I will eventually get the full 3.6GB at the end.

Again, my concern not to overdo the fair use download quota agreed with my internet provider: Is there a way to avoid downloading twice? Once watching the video in the player (which is a lost download) and second parallel downloading the flv?
In fact, in addition to the player playing the show, sometimes I find up to 4 more versions of the show downloaded in the My streaming media folder. Each of these versions of the downloaded starts from the beginning, contains the complete show in different video qualities from 1280x720 down to 480x360. I usually take the version with the largest filesize.
I did not find, maybe overlooked the description, that this sort of behavior should is to be expected, and an explanation or reasons why this can happen.

How to avoid this and only download the best quality for later watching at a convenient time?

Sorry for my limited English!

juanlfm
10-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Quote: "Thanks for your advice.
Well, that is one of the scenarios:
a) Started test with trial version. Impressive performance.
b) While the trial was downloading minute 10 from 2hrs20min, I bought the full version and entered the code into the running trial version. It excepted the code but, already transformed from trial to full version, stopped at 50%.
c) Not wanting to strain the download quota from my provider I wanted to resume the stopped by RMC4 50% download with my full version. But it startet over again a new download from the beginning.
Thus I conclude, RMC4 does not resume from where it has stopped or was stopped, but downloads a new download from the beginning."

Reply: I think you will find that the full version will download the complete program.
I have to admit that sometimes it has happened to me, that the file has stopped downloading before completing, but that is probably due to the broadband rather than RMC.
It is however not possible to resume recording at any place other than the beginning of the program. It is why you have to have RMC ready before beginning the program you wish to download.

Quote: "In the meantime I noticed that RMC my pause downloading for a considerably long time, many minutes (maybe letting the realtime playing catch up?) and then starts to resume the download and finally finishes the download of the complete flv. If I remain patient long enough, I will eventually get the full 3.6GB at the end."

Reply: This happens to me sometimes and I think it is again to do with the quality of the broadband. I only have 1MB which is why I download streams rather than watching.

Quote: "Again, my concern not to overdo the fair use download quota agreed with my internet provider: Is there a way to avoid downloading twice? Once watching the video in the player (which is a lost download) and second parallel downloading the flv?
In fact, in addition to the player playing the show, sometimes I find up to 4 more versions of the show downloaded in the My streaming media folder. Each of these versions of the downloaded starts from the beginning, contains the complete show in different video qualities from 1280x720 down to 480x360. I usually take the version with the largest filesize.
I did not find, maybe overlooked the description, that this sort of behavior should is to be expected, and an explanation or reasons why this can happen."

Reply: I suspect you have specified a file conversion at the end of the download and therefore you get the original downloaded file plus the converted file. You may need to change the choice. The choice is given at the foot of the RMC capture screen.

I hope this helps.