PDA

View Full Version : Recording video but only audio is recorded

rika
10-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I have started using Replay A/V today so pardon me for any mistakes

In the Replay A/V Wizard I clicked Record Radio or Internet TV > Manually enter a new show (advanced) as I needed to record the stream from a local tv station. I entered the url, chose to convert it to avi, and selected record now. The video was recorded but when I stopped it and saved it I realized that although the file really is .avi, I can listen to the program only.
While recording it I was watching the program from the same stream so there was nothing wrong with it.
I tried saving in different formats with the same result.

What did I do wrong and what can I do instead? :confused:

Cheryl Wester
10-13-2011, 06:40 PM
It could be a stream that uses a different URL for the audio and video. That would be why you have only the one. There are some links that won't work with aV and for them you would want to use a different program such as our great Replay Media Catcher or Replay Video Capture. If you continue to have an issue give us the link and someone will test it for you.

rika
10-14-2011, 10:15 AM
I tried again today with the same result - the link is mms://wms.di-ve.com/encoder_tvm

Now for some reason (I'm thinking the firewall is blocking it) when I click start recording I get "connecting" and soon after I get "saving" without stopping the recording :S. I'll try to find some way to get it back to the way it was.

Cheryl Wester
10-14-2011, 06:27 PM
That means you are using a URL that doesn't work with our program. You would need to use audio recording (no video) or one of our other programs such as Replay Media Catcher or Replay Video Capture.