PDA

View Full Version : Eurosport & Silverlight

AndyG
10-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I've today bought the Replay Capture Suite and, after several attempts, have successfully recorded a programme from BBC's iPlayer. All good so far.

However, I cannot seem to record properly from the Eurosport Player, which uses Silverlight I believe, and it's also a subscription service.

Has anyone managed to get this working properly? The site is at http://www.eurosportplayer.co.uk

What I do get is a loads of individual .mp4 files about 300 to 500 Kb in size that I can't then play.

Any ideas?

AndyG
10-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Resolved via trial and error. Got round it using Replay Video Capture (http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/) instead.

juanlfm
10-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Elementary my Dear Watson. Well done.

billski
02-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Any update on getting Silverlight integrated into Media Capture?

I've used Video Capture to varying degrees of success. I need to use the scheduler since the alpine ski races begin at about 4AM and conclude by about 8:30 AM east coast US time.

I have done this with 10 races so far. Some complaint with the Video Capture scheduler to begin with:
1.I can't record back to back with exactly the same times. For example, race one: 5:00 to 6:00, second race, 6:00 to 7:00. Blows up tells me the first recording is still in progress. So I lost a recording.
2. The scheduler setup is odd. I normally setup two days of races, that's about six to eight programs per weekend. For each one,
3. When I make a mistake in setup, I pretty much have to delete the old one and create a new one. The screen capture frame isn't always in the same place, even though I haven't changed the web browser position on the screen. Even when it is, I wake up in the morning to find it recorded some other part of the screen.
4. It does not play well with a two PC screen configuration.

Of course, recording video is rather fragile to begin with. You must carefully setup your PC and not touch it afterwards. a. Close any apps that have popups. Better yet, close all apps. b. Shut off any screen savers or sleep mode. c) Unmute speakers. d) make sure scheduler is active. e) make sure you don't have other background tasks like backup decide to wake up during the play period and block your video window.

All of these annoyances lead me to want to capture a stream, rather than a section of the video screen.

Is the fact that I VPN into Eurosport, then login to Eurosport impacting the ability of Media Catcher to grab this Silverlight stream?

Is Silverlight support on your roadmap?

There must be a better way. Or competitor product?

Bill

Jeff Lenney
02-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Any update on getting Silverlight integrated into Media Capture?

I've used Video Capture to varying degrees of success. I need to use the scheduler since the alpine ski races begin at about 4AM and conclude by about 8:30 AM east coast US time.

I have done this with 10 races so far. Some complaint with the Video Capture scheduler to begin with:
1.I can't record back to back with exactly the same times. For example, race one: 5:00 to 6:00, second race, 6:00 to 7:00. Blows up tells me the first recording is still in progress. So I lost a recording.
2. The scheduler setup is odd. I normally setup two days of races, that's about six to eight programs per weekend. For each one,
3. When I make a mistake in setup, I pretty much have to delete the old one and create a new one. The screen capture frame isn't always in the same place, even though I haven't changed the web browser position on the screen. Even when it is, I wake up in the morning to find it recorded some other part of the screen.
4. It does not play well with a two PC screen configuration.

Of course, recording video is rather fragile to begin with. You must carefully setup your PC and not touch it afterwards. a. Close any apps that have popups. Better yet, close all apps. b. Shut off any screen savers or sleep mode. c) Unmute speakers. d) make sure scheduler is active. e) make sure you don't have other background tasks like backup decide to wake up during the play period and block your video window.

All of these annoyances lead me to want to capture a stream, rather than a section of the video screen.

Is the fact that I VPN into Eurosport, then login to Eurosport impacting the ability of Media Catcher to grab this Silverlight stream?

Is Silverlight support on your roadmap?

There must be a better way. Or competitor product?

Bill

Specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?