PDA

View Full Version : 4.3.2.0 Stream Naming Problem

MrChukkel
10-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Guys, on the latest version of RMC there is a bug on the stream naming.
If I catch a stream, the first time it captures the stream the name is OK, if the stream stops and I use "Reprocess" the name of the file will be the last thing that I had open using flash, for example, if I was caputuring a stream from bbc, the name would be bbc.....flv if i browsed around the internet on to youtube for example and then reprocessed the bbc stream the name would be youtube.....flv.

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers

MrChukkel
10-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Bump...
Any one??

MrChukkel
10-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Support Case Opened :34B3A1

walker428
01-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Support Case Opened :34B3A1

any update on this. I noticed a lot of my most recent videos ended up having incorrect names of videos I had just recently downloaded. I was thinking it was due to my sub par 1996 pc equipment, but if others are having a similar issue I would be interested in knowing if a solution has been found.

aerie
02-13-2012, 09:39 AM
The problem seems to be between Version 4.3.2.0 and Windows 7. I have RMC installed on one laptop computer with Win XP SP3 and Version 4.3.2.0 works fine. On my desktop with Windows 7, RMC will start out OK, then start duplicating filenames even though the files start out downloading with unique filenames. If I download 20 videos/songs, I may end up with 20 duplicate base filenames.

PLThumper
02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
The same thing is happening with me. Only it will never pick up the first real name. I'll start a video, switch to another window to surf something or look at a forum and it names the file whatever the page I am on is named. Commercals that get through are also named oddly. Right now, my Body of Proof episode is called lg42lk450, which is a google search I did just after clicking on the stream to play.

Also noticed on this new update that my entire recording on RMC is totally out of synch on everything that I record.

MrChukkel
03-31-2012, 04:47 PM
nope no update and not fixed in 4.4.0.. tbh that support sucks for these applications! They basically just closed the call without any solution.. so I re-opened the call and asked them to fix it but still nothing just said ok and closed the call..

Jeff Lenney
03-31-2012, 11:48 PM
Guys, on the latest version of RMC there is a bug on the stream naming.
If I catch a stream, the first time it captures the stream the name is OK, if the stream stops and I use "Reprocess" the name of the file will be the last thing that I had open using flash, for example, if I was caputuring a stream from bbc, the name would be bbc.....flv if i browsed around the internet on to youtube for example and then reprocessed the bbc stream the name would be youtube.....flv.

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers

HI,

This one is because you have "Browser Title Naming" switched on. If you dont want to use the browser title at the time a stream is detected then switch it off and it will fall back to the other naming rules.

Thanks!

MrChukkel
04-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Wow, thanks! a reply that meant something and worked...

MrChukkel
04-02-2012, 03:17 PM
This is actually fixed properly now in 4.4.1 and you dont have to disable active Browser Title Naming.. Thank you :-)