PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

doktorgee
09-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm trying to capture a Windows display produced by an executable file, written (by me) in C. RVC produces excellent visuals AND audio, and for a while there it looked as though it was going to work perfectly. However, I soon encountered some frustrating problems. For one thing, I'm running Vista and must therefore use your Universal Audio Driver. However, as soon as I activate it, an annoying horizontal window opens up, displaying the sound levels. This window remains open and visible throughout the recording and is in fact recorded by RVC, over my display. I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Also, RVC records my display only until the first sounds are heard, at which point the visuals in my program are terminated in the recording, though the sounds can still be heard.

I was planning on purchasing this software, but that won't happen until these problems are resolved. Can someone please expain what's going wrong? Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
09-05-2011, 09:05 AM
You don't need to use the universal audio. Go into the audio settings and select to auto detect and then try it.

doktorgee
09-07-2011, 01:21 PM
You don't need to use the universal audio. Go into the audio settings and select to auto detect and then try it.

Thanks, Cheryl. Actually it turns out you're right. I was able to record audio just by selecting "auto detect." I felt sure that wouldn't work, because normally Vista doesn't let me record directly from the computer. So good, we're making progress. However, there is a delay in the audio response. When I play back the file, I hear the audio a few seconds after it begins in the original. If it's simply a delay I can deal with it in my editing software. Is that all it is, or is there some other issue invoved?

doktorgee
09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Another problem I just noticed. During playback, as soon as the sound enters, the visual display slows down. Is this a known issue?

Cheryl Wester
09-08-2011, 05:46 AM
To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Please give this a try for me, and let me know if this makes a difference.